StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a 16.4.2 that I updated with firmware build 190 with UC 1.7 but when I updated to UC 1.7.5, after installation, UC won't recognize the board. I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.7 and it works fine (except see note below). Any ideas what is happening with 1.7.5? I am using a laptop with built in 1394 running Win 10.

Also, another strange thing. Qmix is not working. When I open UC 1.7 and go to setup tab, the iOS device (old iPod touch) shows up in UC but the console doesn't show up in Qmix. Weird. Since the iOS device is showing in UC I assume they are talking but why doesn't the console show in Qmix? I went and disabled Windows Firewall thinking it was a port issue but no luck. I am running on a standalone router not connected to Internet (no Gateway but using DHCP). Thoughts?
by wahlerstudios on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:18 pm
Quote from PreSonus Knowledge Base:
"ATTENTION: As of 8/4/17, Qmix and SL Remote have since been updated to resolve this issue, but it also requires an update to Universal Control. You must use this new Universal Control (v1.7.5.5 on PC or 1.7.4.5 on Mac) in order for the updated Qmix and SL Remote to work."

Check the link to the other thread about this theme for more information.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?p=147399#p147399
by monkeyfist on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:45 pm
Ok, but my problem is still that when I install 1.7.5 Universal Control won't see the console. 1.7.0 works fine but anything higher doesn't work.
by monkeyfist on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:56 pm
Yup, just tried again with 1.7.5.5. When I plug in the board, the device manager shows Presonus 1642 but says "Driver Unavailable". This doesn't happen with the lower versions of Universal Control.
by BjarteBass on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:12 am
Make sure that Your Win OS is up to date. - also the last QMix and SLRemote app uppdate from Appstore.
I have the same driver issue with PC win7. My problem is that the UC don`t want to start up. I get this error message: "The software was not installed correctly. Driver error. Pleace reboot....."
Anyone who knows if it's possible to download an earlier version of QMix and/or SLR app, so I can use the original system?
by Skip Jones on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:34 am
You can find legacy UC downloads on the product page / downloads. It's located under the "Discontinued" item link on the PreSonus main page >>> https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... /downloads

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 am
monkeyfist wroteYup, just tried again with 1.7.5.5. When I plug in the board, the device manager shows Presonus 1642 but says "Driver Unavailable". This doesn't happen with the lower versions of Universal Control.

Win 10 gets fussy on my system with driver updates. If you haven't already, re-download the installer (in case something happened to the previous, make sure you are starting from a clean slate). Then turn off anti virus, rt click the UC installer, and select "Run as Admin". I have not had to do this in the past, but it seems like I need to with win 10.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:40 am
If the above does not work, I suggest a support ticket at this point.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

8 posts
Page 1 of 1