I'm having an issue (after a few years of solid performance) where my QMix and SL Remote apps are only showing Aux 1-4, and even those are not accessible to anyone. I've done a manual uninstall and clean reinstall of Universal Control, but that did nothing to resolve the issue. Not sure how to fix this...
OS X 10.11.6
Universal Control v1.7.4
StudioLive 24.4.2 (Firmware 1.0 build 195)
Device permissions within SL Remote are set properly. I'll double check software permissions for SL Remote, but they should be, as I haven't made any relevant changes or performed any relevant updates, and none of my volunteers would have reason to change permissions.
The only thing that changed was that I removed the internet connection from the router and installed a new router for internet. This made the network for my SL Remote a local only connection. All settings stayed the same, so I don't see that being related, since there is still a connection between the host and clients.
Also worth noting is that my iPad with FOH permission assigned still works without problems. All other devices will connect and display proper channel names/aux names, but they are not allowed to make changes.
Another note is that when I try to change the assigned aux/device permission, every device changes to the same aux permission (but on the device side, the user cannot make changes to any aux).
PreSonus released some information about problems with the SL Remote and QMix updates today. Could this be an answer to your question?
"SL Remote and Qmix - I no longer have control of remote devices in Setup. Is this intended?"
"Permissions Issue with SL Remote and Qmix Classic (8-2-17)"
It looks like we have got another "big" problem - this time caused by Apple. I read the text from the Knowledge Base, but didn't really understand it and I don't need to understand all that because I am not working with "classic" boards any longer. But I keep an eye on the developments and I think it is very good that PreSonus still releases updates for "old" products. The SL 16.4.2 was released in January 2009 and many things have changed since then...
There will be more posts and questions coming about this subject, after people have done the updates and wonder why nothing works. Probably we will see many varieties of failures and problems, especially after the launch of iOS 11, so this is some kind of adventure and you just have to find out what works for you.
It might also be worth to use PreSonus support and report back here. We are here to share solutions and workarounds to keep our machines running.
Thanks for the help...I'll try to update as appropriate. One of the links provided mentioned that they realized there was a bug and are currently working on an app update, and said that the article was meant to be temporary workarounds until the issue is resolved.
Apple's switch to 64-bit is sure to cause a lot of headache across the board. It's almost like the daily struggle of owning a PC or Android 😂
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests