StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Anyone else having trouble getting their Studio Live Classic to work under Sierra 10.12.4?

Mine sometimes changes the sampling rate to "Firewire", suggesting it's connected, but then it switches back to 44.1 kHz, which is a surefire indication it's not connected to the computer. Also, the computer audio is not coming out of the board, I can't select it in the audio output interface.
by wahlerstudios on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 am
There are many complaints in the forums and the answers department, but there is no official answer. As you can read in the release notes of Universal Control v1.7.4 - Mac the latest supported operating system is OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). Somewhere it is said that it "should" work, but obviously it does not.

http://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/StudioLive-16.4.2
by roblof on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:52 am
This helped with my appogee ensemble firewire:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/ho ... s-3638975/

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by jabraham on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:09 pm
Thanks guys. I had my board working again yesterday with 10.12.4. I am experimenting with

* making sure the computer sample rate is always set to 44.1
* setting the board sample rate to 44.1 while it's not connected to the computer
* making sure the board is off when it is connected to the computer, which is on
* turning the board on while the computer is on and while it is physically connected to the computer.

I'm fairly certain (I should check) that the official docs say to boot the computer AFTER the board. But, I was doing that over and over and kept having the inconsistent connection. I'm hopeful that turning on the board while the computer is on, and while the two are connected, will solve my problem.

I also reinstalled Universal Control, downloaded from the official support site, but I had problems after reinstalling. It's always good to keep up to date with the latest support software and drivers, but the problem definitely occurred with the latest drivers.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:44 pm
Actually there is a "compatibility statement" from PreSonus for OS X 10.12 Sierra, but you may also read the last paragraph of this page: http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/213882323-Mac-OS-X-10-12-macOS12-PreSonus-Compatibility-Statement. I have no idea why we are seeing this kind of problem more often these days, but the "development" is on the side of Apple, not on PreSonus' side any more. Technically the SL boards 1st generation are legacy products, even though one is still on sale. :|

Good luck for the tests! Let us know if you can find a solution!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1