StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Dear PreSonus Community
First i love Presonus products. But i have a Big Problem with my studiolive 16.4.2 (not AI) and i read all Troubleshooting Pdfs on presonus site, i also wrote a comment on presonus forum on facebook. all tipps and tricks i have made, but nothing works. I have the last firmware on SL i do it with a Mac and there the Studilive works really fine. But no we buy a new PC with win ten, i also buy a new firecard with the right chipset from Texas instruments. (Dawicontrol) DC-FW800 PCIe. After installing all drivers with this card nothing works, my firewire ID on desk is set to Zero, but when i open the recommended Uc Control Software for the studiolive, i dont see any synchronisation. The we buy another firewire card, the (DeLock 89213), but nothing works. i also downloaded a legacy OHCI driver on microsoft website, but nothing works....so now i need really Quick help cause we have to work on the studio with this PC, and i dont know now what i can do more ? Please help me on a professional way, cause im not a newbie with Pcs and studiolive. On Macintosh it works really great, only on windows seems it that the firewire card or protocoll can not do a handshake withe the Studiolive. All is updatet to the last firmware and microsoft updates. Hope you can show me another way to do that. its very Importent that this desk work with Pc .
Thanks in Advanced

Amd 8 Cores Fx8350 16 Gigs Ram, 250 SSD, AsRock 970 Extreme R2.0 Mainboard. Win 10 64 Bit
by Skip Jones on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:09 pm
Start with the basics. I did not see in your post that you had tried a different Fireire cable or dtried to plug into the other Firewire port on your 16.4.2 desk.

Also, posting your current system specs in your signature would help diagnosis. To do so click on the link in my signature.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by sjc193 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:55 am
It's also worth trying the old firewire ID trick. I used to have to do it when I have a Classic 16.4.2 with Windows.

Do the list below in order:

Everything off.
Firewire Plugged into both computer and mixer. (Make sure it s a bilingual FW cable)
Turn on mixer. let fully boot
Turn on computer. let fully boot
(If they are not synced) Go into the System menu on the mixer. Change FirewireID from 0 to 1. meters will flash. Then change it back to 0, meters flash again. (This action forces a sync with the computer in case they didn't sync on boot up like it is supposed to)

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by Pasquale76 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:29 pm
Hi Steve i always do that like you say but no sync...i contact the support ...but they can help me out

Thanks guys for the help

Amd 8 Cores Fx8350 16 Gigs Ram, 250 SSD, AsRock 970 Extreme R2.0 Mainboard. Win 10 64 Bit
by Skip Jones on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:44 pm
When you say you are using the recommended UC for the 16.4.2, what version is it? Is it 1.7.4?

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by todderickson on Sun May 07, 2017 7:35 am
I am having this exact issue... 16.4.2. Classic will not sync to Win 10 64 Pro PC.
Reaper can "see" the board and loads the ASIO for it.
UC will access Fat Channel controls, routing, etc but it will not sync and latency options are grayed out.
Reaper locks up after a few minutes and cannot record or play tracks.

My situation:
Everything ran perfectly on older Dell Precision running Win 10 64 Pro with PCI FireWire card.
Upgraded my main studio PC to a new Dell w/ i7 running Win 10 64 Pro and installed PCI-e Firewire card with TI chipseet.
Mixed several tracks in default latency of 1024 / Normal but had to start computer in Safe Boot every time or Universal Control would not load driver to 16.4.2.
Got set up for first recording session with new box and could not adjust latency and eventually lost connectivity to board completely.
Attempted to reinstall UC and now get error message stating Windows cannot install the software.
Tried disabling Windows Driver Signing service and load legacy driver for FireWire and re-installed UC.
PreSonus driver installs correctly from Device Manager but UC will not install or run anymore.
Nothing seems to work!

Any resolution here?

PreSonus 16.4.2 Classic
Dell Optiplex 7040 MT / i7-6700 / 16GB DDR4
Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD / 2 - 1TB WD HDD
Win 10 64 Pro
Reaper x64
Slate Digital Everything Bundle on literally everything.
by team air153 on Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 pm
I'm having the same problems wit my 24.4.2AI, Ican't get a handshake between the software and hardware, it keeps saying that there's no device loaded
by SwitchBack on Tue May 23, 2017 2:01 pm
Hi,

Please keep the classic and AI issues separate. The AI mixers have their own subsection in the forums :)

As for any of these problems please provide details like mixer firmware version, UC version and details about your computer, OS and firewire chipset. Otherwise this will end in me too's and not here's ;)
by Spiker on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:59 am
Hi
I have the same problem. My PC with i7 and WIN10/64 cannot install Universal Control for SL1602 at all :-(
Firewire card is recognized well by OHCI checker, but no connection between Win and SL1602
I've asked tech support a year ago. They tried hard to help me, but with no effect.
I'm sure that my SL1602 is not damagged. It works fine with any other PC or MAC I have

Presonus Studio One 3 Pro, Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2, Faderport, Nektar Impact 49. PC i7, 32GBRAM Win10
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:50 am
Maybe this can help: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=25778 (read the post in "Answers" also).
by joeldeutsch on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:11 am
Hi my name is joe I have a presones 1642 mixer in I am experiencing a major problem in can’t figure out wat the problem is
My mixer is being connected to my iMac computer in I am using studio one 4 professional to record while I am in recording suddenly I am loosing signal in my mixer is getting freezing it could take a few minutes to come back to operating stand point
I need help from you guys

11 posts
Page 1 of 1