StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I am using a SL 244.2 Classic Mixer and now i think about a new Series3 Mixer. My question is: Is it possible to use the saved Fat Channel Presets and the Scenes from the old on the new board and how it is been done
Thanks in advance
Peter
by SwitchBack on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:58 am
No. It wasn't possible from the classic mixers to the AI mixers and it won't be possible with the series III either. Everything is new including FAT and FX processing.

So copying settings to the series III is by eye to be finetuned by ear. One of the forum regulars made an offline editor for the classic mixers that could aid the process. Still quite a bit of work depending on the number of scenes you want to keep.
by matthewgorman on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 am
Switchback is correct, definitely a no go. Remember though, there are totally new options for compressors and eq. I am thinking that once folks hear these, no one will really want their old settings.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by DocMagic on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 am
So, then i have to do all the work again like on a brandnew console I don't want a switchback, what i want is a switchup.. Maybe i have to think about buying the new series3 Mixer or a complete other brand. i see no Advantages instead of motorfaders...
by matthewgorman on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:08 pm
Only you can make that call. However I can say with certainty, getting a mixer from another vendor, no way you can port those setting over.

The most important feature of a mixer is how it sounds. When they are launched, go demo one. The preamps are worlds beyond what you have in the legacy mixers, and the new iterations of fat channel eq and comp are totally different also.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Skip Jones on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:30 pm
Going to have to take your word.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by roblof on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:46 pm
But, aren't they supposed to be the same xmax preamps?

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by matthewgorman on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:21 pm
They are the recallable, call them Gen 2, xmax. The converters are better too. So far they are being used in the RM Mixers, and also the Studio 192.

Matt

S1Pro V5

8 posts
Page 1 of 1