StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Presonus Forum;

I'm in my second day trying to figure this out. I've searched the knowledge base with no results, posting here in hopes of answers. This is the scenario:

• I have 8 live mics going into channels 1-8 on my 16.0.2.
• In my DAW (Logic Pro), I see meter activity in each of 8 tracks receiving channels 1-8 from the 16.0.2.
• I want only input from channels 1 & 2 on my 16.0.2 coming into my DAW.
• I mute channels 3 through 8 on the 16.02.
• I solo channels 1 & 2 on the 16.0.2.
• Instead of only channels 1 & 2, all 8 channels in my DAW continue to show input meter activity.

Why can't I isolate — mute or solo — channels in my 16.0.2 going into my DAW?

Thanks.

Cayce
by TMSLLC on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:48 pm
My guess is on the 16.0.2, I believe there is a setting that will allow you to not send audio to your DAW "with the mixer fat channel effects" and instead, audio is sent to you DAW directly after the pre-amp gains of each channel. You can change that setting so everything you do on your mixer WILL go to your DAW and I believe PreSonus refers to it a "printing effects to tape". Having this option gives you the chance to have a clean sound going to your DAW simultaneous to messing with the settings in the fat channel. In layman's terms, you can send audio to your DAW pre-fader & EQ or post fader & EQ.

I know the other Studio Live boards have this feature because I will record my live church service by having all audio recorded to my DAW (Logic) WITHOUT the fat channel settings, because during a service, I am doing wild things to compensate for the audio in the room and I don't want those room adjustments on the board to show up in my recorded audio when I take the DAW tracks into the studio to mix down.

So simply press the (DIGITAL OUT-POST) button if you want anything you do on the mixer to show up in your DAW recording or de-select that option if you want a separate clean audio feed to go to your DAW.

Otherwise I suppose you can mute the channels in Logic....

I hope this helps you.
by caseycayce on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 am
TMSLLC wroteSo simply press the (DIGITAL OUT-POST) button if you want anything you do on the mixer to show up in your DAW recording or de-select that option if you want a separate clean audio feed to go to your DAW.

Perfect... exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for this!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1