StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a Shure in ear monitor system. Since I only have one transmitter and two receivers The lead singer and I will have to use the same mix. We had a hard time getting it set up on our old board, since I was clueless on that mixer (so was everyone else) I'm hoping this will be an easier task on this board. My 1602 will be here in a few days getting excited.
by brado32 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:12 pm
Easy as taking a cable from an aux port out of the mixer into your shure unit. Issue is going to be what you highlighted in that you and the singer will have the same headphone mix. That didnt work out so well for me and the bass player so we got separate transmitter and receiver pairs.I'm sure what you and he want to hear are different things.. If not, rock on

-Brad
by bennetkl on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:14 am
Very simple setup for IEMs as Brad pointed out. You can do a mono out using one Aux channel or do stereo using two Aux channels.

I recommend separating your and the singers systems as soon as your budget allows, though. It's been my experience that almost everyone prefers his/her own personal monitor mix.

StudioLive 16.4.2 and RM32AI, AudioBox 1818VSL, custom Windows PC (i5, 16GB DDR3, Crucial M4 SSDs in RAID1, FireWire 800, USB 3.0), Crown XTi 2000 (3), Crown XTi 4000 (2), Crown iTech 6000, Yorkville E215 tops, custom 2x18 subs (EV MTL2 clones), Antares AVP1, Digitech Vocalist VR, Shure SM7, Shure SM58s, SM57s, and a bunch of other stuff.

2002 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass
2001 Fender American Deluxe P/J bass
2001 Fender Jazz V (MIJ) active bass
???? Ovation acoustic bass
by shaneboaden on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:43 pm
I use a stereo for my IEM's

Has anyone got any processing tips for the IEM fat channel?

Apart from running the most important limiter on it

I was told by someone to run the high pass filter up to 100khz to clear everything out of there and then apply fat channel EQ to it to make it nice

What about compression settings tips?

How much gain reduction should you go for an IEM mix?

What would be the most desirable sweet area as far as threshold, ratio, attack release and make up gain be?

I read that that a slower attack and fast release is a good starting point

I have played around with that setting live at gigs before and notice sometimes get some audio spiking in my ears every now and then which i think is related to too much make up gain either on the IEM channel or other drum channels

I only use an average of around 3-4db of gain reduction of my drum channels so does all that add up along the way and affect when you compress the IEM mix and make up gain to that?
by GLJones on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:44 pm
Have you thought of sending your feed to the Left channel and the singer's feed to the right? If the Shure receivers are like my Sennheisers, you can set them from stereo mode to focus mode. This allows you to use the Left/Right adjustment to change the mono mix in the headphones from Left to Right. Put yours full Left and the singer's full Right. You each have your own mono feed that are completely different, if you want.

Jerry Jones

PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2
PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2
StudioOne V3
Mac Mini
MacBook Pro (2)
iPad
iPad Mini
by terrybelisle on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:23 am
I have ran 2 cables out of my aux into my in ear monitor transmitter. The problem is I can only hear channel 1 vocal. I can't hear the other 3 vocals or the soundtrack. What am I not doing to be able to hear the entire mix?
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:42 am
A little more information would be needed, to be able to answer your question, but maybe this video can help already:

https://www.presonus.com/videos/player#PreSonusHow-to-Set-Monitor-Mixes-on-the-StudioLive-AI-Digital-Mixer.

What mixer are you using? Classic...?
by terrybelisle on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:41 pm
I'm using the 16.0.2 mixer with a Galaxy Audio AS-900 with four in-ear monitors using the same transmitter.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:14 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX6wnFBTikc&index=6&list=PL6qX2H4Od-yziGzED5p0C42NaH6n7Gydl
starting 1:50

You need to link Aux 1+2 (or 3+4), then adjust set the channels levels and panorama. The stereo signal then goes to your AS-900. The outputs of your mixer are balanced TRS (use the right cables!).

Hope this helps.
by terrybelisle on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 pm
Awesome! That done it. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and expertise. :D

10 posts
Page 1 of 1