StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
SL16.4.2 connected to 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.11.6 using firewire cable. Upgraded to S1V3Pro about a month ago. First time I've hooked up the console to record with S1V3. Computer talks to SL using firewire and has playback thru(audio midi setup). Once I open S1V3 it recognizes the SL, proceed to open a session, set input and outputs to normal settings I've always used for SL. I have no playback. Maybe I missed something does the console not work with S1V3? I searched thru the forum for answers no luck. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:45 pm
It might well be that SL old and S1v3 latest & greatest are drifting apart... Problems of this kind have been reported several times, but nobody has shared an answer (if there was one). It could be a driver problem, which might be solved with the install of Universal Control 1.7.4, released in May 2016. I would recommend to check if firmware and software have matching versions.

Universal Control 1.7.4 v.5773
16.4.2: Firmware Version 1.50a, build 190

Here are the files (also older versions) and the documents: http://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/StudioLive-16.4.2. You find them also in your PreSonus account.

If that doesn't help, the best is to open a support ticket.
by BrandonFAudio on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:18 pm
I decided to factory reset the board(after backup) then firmware update. Clean install of Universal Control 1.7.4. So far so good, all outputs and inputs are working as they should. Not sure what happen but its fixed. Thanks wahlerstudios for the reply.

[SOLVED]
by montague1962 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:28 am
Windows 10 & Studio One 3 Professional is my setup. Same issue and "No Driver-Unlinked" msg

I had the same problems. After many, many, many weeks of unsuccessful back-and-forth troubleshooting w/ PreSonus Tech Support plus any & everything I could find -
I decided to go-retro and try the "next to most recent" UC driver software and it worked.

Find downloads page on PreSonus, scroll way down to bottom of page - install version 1.72. (NOT 1.74) Magically delicious....

4 posts
Page 1 of 1