StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Windos 7 laptop. Firewire pcmcia card.
SL 1642
SSD

Working fine for a about the last year. Lots of recordings. At a gig last week, in middle of recording and recording stopped and desk wouldnt take any input signals without rebooting.
We took a quick break, I started recoring again, lasted a few seconds and same thing happened so thought better of the situation, rebooted everything but now laptop wont connect to board.
We ran the end of the gig without laptop attached. Done 2 gigs since and board fine but no matter what i do cant get laptop to connect to board. Reinstalled all software including firewire legacy driver. Now I know its seeing the board theres a big yellow blip on the board on all channels if I turn on the laptop with the board already on. But if I start capture i get "audio device presonus could be initialized".
by SwitchBack on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:11 am
You may have two different issues there. One is the crash during normal use. The other is the out of order firewire connection.

The first issue could be due to a couple of reasons, some minor and some bad. Since the board is still OK when used stand-alone I'd say it was a minor thing.

The second issue usually is always bad. You may have zapped the interface in the process of rebooting a few times. If you are lucky then you zapped the pcmcia card. See if you can get a connection from another card or an Apple computer with firewire interface. When all that fails you better contact PreSonus for a repair.
by sjc193 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:12 am
One thing you can try to get the laptop connected to the board is the FireWire ID trick.

Start the board, make sure it's working.
Start the computer
Go into the settings on the boards menu and look for FireWire ID, then change it from 0 to 1, wait a second and then change it back to 0 and wait a second (you'll see the light blip on the board)
then open VSL
then open capture.
see if it works

what that does is it manually tries to reconnect the FireWire drivers, I used to have to do this every time I started my system when I had a Classic 16.4.2. I hopes it works for you, but from what you describe it could also be a hardware issues and that would not be good. . .

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine