StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey All,

I have a 24.4.2 that I ordered a power supply board for. Does anyone here have any guide or advice on how to access this board? I took the sides off the mixer, and I can see the board in the center under the fader banks etc, but it looks like I need to open the case further to actually swap these boards, and I have no idea how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to do it tonight for rehearsals tomorrow night.

Thanks much in advance

Joe
by joe1871 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:20 pm
No one here has opened this up and accessed the power supply board? I see a fair amount of discussions on which components to replace on that board. How did you get at it?

I don't mean to be a pain, but I would like to avoid having to remove what seems like many dozens of screws, and pots, and jacks, etc to simply get at this board. I cannot see how you do access it otherwise. I have unscrewed the bottom panel, but it oddly loops around and becomes a bracket. I can almost pry the thing open enough to access the board, but I am afraid of bending the case too far and not being able to get it back together.

I would be very grateful to get help with this. I am really behind it now.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help.

Joe
by wahlerstudios on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:22 pm
by joe1871 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:50 pm
Hey WhalerStudios,

I cannot thank you enough. Those instructions were exactly what I needed. I actually had to put a good number os screws back in that I had taken out thinking I might be on the right track. I got the board replaced and the mixer is up and running. I am very psyched!

Thank you for taking the time!

Joe
by Smithgimp2 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:57 pm
That link seems to be down. Do you guys have those instructions saved anywhere?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1