StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've looked through countless forums and threads concerning this issue but still can't figure out what's happening. I've got the latest updates for OS X El Captain, SL Remote, Universal Control and the StudioLive console itself. Whenever Universal Control isn't the top window, the connection from SL Remote to Universal Control drops. I'm aware of app nap, and that PreSonus supposedly used code that prevents app nap from controlling Universal Control, but it's still happening. Connection is pretty reliable as long as the window is on top. All my other programs (like ProPresenter) work fine with remotes and such.
by sandpad on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:20 am
Same problem here...
by davehart1 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:50 am
Same problem here also. Does anyone have a solution.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:46 am
Connection is pretty reliable as long as the window is on top.

The threadstarter has given the right answer already... Universal Control/Surface/Whatever was designed to work only with Capture. This probably reflects the way to think in former times. It was always recommended to not have "anything else" running on your computer than just the music program(s)...

If Capture does not work (if you can't use it and if you can not toggle between the programs), then probably the drivers need an update. It is recommended to COMPLETELY delete UC Control and ALL ITS HIDDEN FILES and make a new-install. This document might be helpful (it is not only for AI users):

http://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210048113-How-do-I-Uninstall-Reinstall-my-device-drivers-for-the-StudioLive-AI-on-a-Mac-

Edit: I forgot to mention Studio One, which should also work, as Capture does.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1