StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
26 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I have set up my LS 16.0.2 with my ipad. But i can only watch changes to faders on my ipad. I can not control my LS 16.0.2. Seems like there is only one way connection. Can anyone help me with that. Thanks.
by miltondavis on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:39 pm
It sounds like you are expecting to see changes on the iPad reflected as movements of the faders on the console. Presonus consoles don't have motorized faders. The console has a "Locate" mode which allows you to move the faders to the positions last set on the iPad. If it's another question you are asking, we might need some clarification.

Regards,
Milton Davis

Regards,
Milton Davis
SL16.4.2, MacBook Pro, Win 7 64bit, FaderPort, HP4, AB22VSL, iPad 3
JBL PRX615 mains, DB Technologies FM12 monitors
by [email protected] on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:03 am
I am so sorry..... i did form this question rather stupid. I did not meen to control my 16.0.2.
I meant ofcourse the VLS or Capture software. I will try to reform my question.
I have set up a network with a router that is dedicated to my computer with VSL, Capture and Studio One software. I have a ipad with Studio Live Remote installed. I have connected my ipad to the network and everything seems to work ok regarding hardware communication.
Then the problem pops up. The remote app is on my ipad but it is somewhat dark or not lighted. When i change the faders in my VSL software i can see that the faders move on my ipad. But i can not control anything with my ipad. Is there any ports or anything else that can cause this one way communication.
Hope this is a more understandable question. Sorry for the last one.
by sjc193 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:00 am
In VSL under the setup tab there is a place to give permission to the iPad to control the mixer, check that and be sure it has permission, the iPad must be connected to the network before you will see it in VSL, then let us know if it's working or not after that.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by [email protected] on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:06 pm
Thanks for your answer Steve.
I cant find anything that is about ipad control in Universal control. I am missing out something here.
But i dont know what and where..........
by sjc193 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:52 pm
It's not in the little UC screen, but in the big mixer view VSL screen. At the top there are tabs, like the GEQ and Setup. Click Setup, then way to the right side top of the screen are the permissions area, you can allow the iPad to only control the AUXes or some other things or everything.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by [email protected] on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:11 pm
presonus.jpg
Hi again. I have attached a screen shot of my Universal control setup.
by jeffcoley on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:23 pm
I just went through something similar. Everything had been working fine and then, my iPad quit showing online devices (just the demos). It had happened one time before at a show and when I got home, I got online and someone suggested that I do a reset on the iPad. I did that and it worked again for over half a year. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I was doing another show (coincidentally with the same band as before) and it did the same thing. When I got home, I hooked it all up and tried the reset and that didn't work. I tried everything I could think of, reseting the router, deleting the app and reloading it. Nothing would work. I was talking to my son and he suggested it might be Windows 7 firewall. So, I turned off wifi and then turned off the firewall and everything works fine now. Don't know why it had worked before with firewall on all this time, but something must have changed the firewall settings. But, it's all good now!!! :)
by bethelbaptist on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:35 pm
Lars, I'm having the same issue. grayed out ipad, and no devices under the setup menu in VSL. computer running win 7, wireless router connected to computer via Ethernet, firewall disabled, reset IPAD and computer several times, removed and reinstalled SL remote...
by PreSonuSupt2 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:04 pm
Hey gents,

We created a knowledgebase article to address troubleshooting and connection to SL Remote and QMix. Might help.

http://support.presonus.com/entries/217 ... ing-Guide-
by bethelbaptist on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:31 am
Thanks. these steps didn't help. The Ipad is connected to the network, SL remote sees the 16.0.2 under devices on line and is able to connect. The desk appears "grayed" out with a warning that says that I don't have permission. The faders on SL Remote track the movement of the faders on the 16.0.2. I am not able to change permissions in VSL because the device menu doesn't appear under setup. I have removed and reinstalled the app, disabled the firewall, removed all security from the router, restarted all of the components in the recommended order ...
by PreSonuSupt2 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:55 pm
In the attached image, do you see the thin bar the arrow is pointing to?

If you click and drag that bar to the right do you see any other options?

Attachments
With arrow.png
by bethelbaptist on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:54 am
nope. Also I added qmix to my iphone with the same results
by PreSonuSupt2 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:05 am
Alright, this tells me you may not be on the latest versions of firmware and driver.

Can you verify these are the latest on your system with some screenshots from your computer and a pic of the mixer screen with the firmware version displayed?

http://support.presonus.com/entries/259 ... p-to-Date-
by bethelbaptist on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:21 pm
here are the images. we switched out routers with the same results.

Attachments
IMG_0290-2.jpg
VSL showing that the devices menu is missing
IMG_0290-2.jpg (57.16 KiB) Viewed 21201 times
IMG_0291-2.jpg
Universal Control Version
IMG_0286-2.jpg
Firmware version
by mwright137 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:25 am
Wow. I didn't think that version of Universal Control even supported the 16.0.2 yet.

Definitely go here and download the latest version of Universal Control under your 16.0.2. Your firmware looks like it's the latest.

http://www.presonus.com/products/Studio ... /downloads

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by idle77 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:41 am
My iPad was grayed out once when my iPad app version didn't match UC version on my computer.
by bethelbaptist on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:59 pm
I uninstalled the universal control and reinstalled it. Everything is working now!

Thanks!
by andrewsutton1 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:27 pm
Hi Guys,

Been following this thread with interest as my iPad was similarly greyed out with one-way comms only from desk to iPad and no permission options showing (top right corner).

Finally cracked it yesterday after many hours of head scratching (I'll not go into precise detail here), but the key to success is ensuring the correct version of Universal Controller is installed on your Mac that is compatible with the version of SL Remote on your iPad.

There is however, a potential trap that the current version of Remote SL (1.5) demands 1.72 of UC which seems to require OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) as the minimum operating system on your Mac. So if you are a late-comer to Remote SL, you'll need Lion installed if your Mac can accommodate?

This also throws up potential firmware issues with your desk (16.0.2 in my case) and after a few unsuccessful install tries, I received a prompt to update the 16.0.2 firmware. Once I was aware and offered a box to click it was pretty straight-forward, although my existing board presets didn't reload automatically (did it manually afterwards from VSL - phew!).

I also abandoned my original concept of running the iPad through a dedicated router and ended up using the MacBook to create a wi-fi hotspot for the iPad. As a non-Mac user, it took me a while to understand this was possible with one lucky YouTube find giving inspiration. Most resources seem to suggest a router, but give no guidance on Mac/Router set-up. I've not tried it live yet so don't know quite what the range is or how it compares in distance/coverage to a router (less I'd expect).

If anyone has any experience of this, please share...

Hope you find the above useful/interesting?

Andrew xx
by mike48 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:53 am
I was having the same problem, only demos. I had recently added a VPN private internet access. Disabling it solved the problem. hope that helps.

26 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2