StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
26 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
We had issues with our freezing up. Sometimes multiple time is a set. It had 2 be restarted to clear the issue. Completly sporatic with no seen reasons why. Believe it or no our issue was caused by the type router that we where using. We swapped to the apple extreme and the issue went away instantly. We tried it on a hunch because tech support had not been able to hlp run it down.
by tonycullen on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:15 pm
My PreSonus Studio Live board also freezes and locksup randomly, one week its fine the next we get 3 lockups during one rehearsal!

I have tired may different "fixes" and read all the forums,however there is no conclusive answer to the problem..... PreSonus have remained silent on the issue (google presonus studio live freeze or lockup, there is a large amount of people with the same problem)

I dont trust PreSonus products anymore and i will be replacing my board with another brand that is more stable and reliable in the future.

Presonus, the market is getting more competitive in the digital mixers and there are many other options now. Get your poop together if your legacy products suck then how can people trust your new products?
by OG03675 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:50 pm
Wow, I have the exact problem as described. Mixer was working fine and then, with only break music through the "2 Track In" bus, a loud pop occurred followed with the audio muted and "GR" meter pegged. Tried to restart twice, but same thing occurred shortly thereafter and continued the next day with a simplified setup of the mixer going straight to one powered speaker. I've used this 16.4.2 classic mixer very regularly for 4 years- always made sure it is handled with care, powered through a conditioner, and have the most current Firmware 1.50a, Build 190. I've experienced issues when connected via firewire to computer, but this firewire connection wasn't attempted all night of failure..

Does the "Firewire Link ID" switch from 0 to 1 really work?!
In addition to joust avoiding the RCA "Tape input"?!
by SwitchBack on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:16 am
Yes, Tape-In seems to be sensitive to interference, likely due to ground noise from the audio source connected. I suggest you use a ground loop isolator to block any ground noise from entering the mixer that way.
by AgentCooper on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 am
[quote="GLJones"]Wondering if the Tape In lockup might be related to either static electricity or a potential issue due to grounding. I have had the board lock up when I gave it a big jolt of static to one of the jacks on the back. Touch the case first and it doesn't happen but if I touch the RCA or an XLR pin I can sometimes get the board to lock. Perhaps the RCA from your CD Player is 'shocking' the board?

I would say the problem definitely around static electricity and grounding. I put up a fix a couple of years ago not sure if its still there or was removed.

I opened up my mixer to find that none of the earth connections on the individual circuit boards had been connected. So i wired them up to the common earth and have had no issues for a year and half, then problems came back, so i disconnected them and it was fine for 6mnths until yesterday, so i reconnected them and its running smoothly again. I think i was inadvertently earthing the circuit when i connected and disconnected the earth cables, I say this because I live in Canary Islands were they don't really do earth's on electric circuits. However, i think i have a working solution and will just disconnect & re-connect earth straight away if the problems return. The boards need to be all at the same potential difference firstly, secondly its nice to have a path to earth, but this is less of an issue. If you think about the boards building up different potential differences, then this would create a environment where certain cables being plugged in and ports being reset in software would create temporary fixes.

Its a shame because with the right focus and engineers from Presonus i don't believe this would be complicated to get to the bottom of it and fix it. Good luck!
by SwitchBack on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 am
Your experience may be related to the Europlug and Schuko wall outlets found on the Canary Islands. These outlets allow you to flip the power plugs, effectively swapping the live and neutral wires to the mixer. (The a-symmetrical grounded wall outlets used in the USA ensure neutral on the same lead every time, as the mains noise filter used by PreSonus expects.) Rotating the power plug will probably save you the trouble of opening the mixer again and again.

26 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2