StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hello,

We moved our equipment to a new building and for some reason when we connected our main speakers (2 Boss L1) to the main Output (one XLR to the Left and one to the Right) only the left side is working. What can the problem be? Do I need to enable the stereo function? Can anyone help?

Thank you!
[audio][/audio]
by salvadoredelle on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 am
you should try a reset, reflash the memory and reload the current ones see if that brings it back... did you swap cables and outputs from the mixer and verify all that... ? do the Control Room outputs function properly? is the mono out functioning

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by eventide awakening on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:06 pm
I am curious about this as I have had the same/similar problem happen in the last week as well. My right main output has dropped the audio output considerably. The meters are showing the same audio output but my right side is a LOT lower in volume than the left. No distortion in the audio output and it doesn't matter if I use the XLR or 1/4" output. All other sends/outputs are working as normal. I did a system reset and the problem persists. Nothing out of the ordinary happened to the mixer when the problem arose. I used it multiple times on the day that the problem occurred with no warning signs that I am aware of.
by fredy2 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:54 am
When troubleshooting proceed by trying to characterize the symptoms. Re-flashing the memory should ONLY be done if the problem is determined to be in the mixer. Do the easy, SAFE stuff first!

First do the easy things... swap the left and right XLR cables... Does the problem follow the speaker... that is, is the left side still dead or is it the right. If the left spaeaker is still dead, then the problem is with the cables or the speaker and not the mixer. Cables and the connectors are the most suspect.

If the right speaker is now the dead one, then the output driver in the mixer may be blown. This could occur if you failed to follow the main rule when connecting the equipment and that is the power is supplied from a single source or receptacle. This means running a power cord alongside the snake to power the mixer. Using receptacles in different parts of a room or venue is asking for ground bounce to destroy input or output circuits.
by eventide awakening on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:33 am
I tried all of that first before flashing my memory. Guess I'll be submitting a service request to presonus. The board has only been used in the studio for the past year and all speakers and board have been fed from the same outlet with surge protection and all that. Thanks for the replies!
by bennetkl on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:46 am
Sounds like a problem in the output stage. If reflashing didn't do the trick and you are certain there are no bad cables or issues with speakers/amps then it is probably time to contact PreSonus for service.

One note on the power - surge protectors won't do much good for ground and high/low voltage issues. For around $150-$200 you can get a decent true sine wave UPS (uninterruptible power supply) that will better protect your equipment investment. I use thus one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6842102134. It not only serves as a battery backup, it functions as a voltage regulator.

Poorly (or not even) grounded electrical service, power blips, and low voltage (<110v) have been the problem behind almost every piece of gear I've ever had problems with.

StudioLive 16.4.2 and RM32AI, AudioBox 1818VSL, custom Windows PC (i5, 16GB DDR3, Crucial M4 SSDs in RAID1, FireWire 800, USB 3.0), Crown XTi 2000 (3), Crown XTi 4000 (2), Crown iTech 6000, Yorkville E215 tops, custom 2x18 subs (EV MTL2 clones), Antares AVP1, Digitech Vocalist VR, Shure SM7, Shure SM58s, SM57s, and a bunch of other stuff.

2002 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass
2001 Fender American Deluxe P/J bass
2001 Fender Jazz V (MIJ) active bass
???? Ovation acoustic bass
by lifechurchlivonia on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:21 am
Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the same problem, but it's intermittent.
by gadget69 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:51 pm
The first thing to understand is this is a software controller, and ALWAYS the first step is to flash the mixer with the latest software and see if this solves the issue. (not a nice feeling when you send it in and there was really no problem with the mixer)

Next step is a Tech service ticket, so, give it a try and see if this helps!

Best regards

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by kevingwyn on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 pm
Did anything work. My 24.4.2 is doing the same thing.
by Tangledown on Sun May 21, 2017 12:06 pm
Would somebody be kind enough to let us know if this issue was resolved.
I for one would be very grateful.
Cheers!
by henrikbraden on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 am
Hi Guys,
unfortunately still there's no answer on this topic.
Since last week it seems i'm facing a similar issue on my 24.4.2 Classic, precisely it's the hot-pin of the right Main out that is -20dB in relation to all other pins. The board is already at the local service, and I will report here when i have it back.
Obviously it's a frequent issue on Studio live mixers, maybe this makes the difference between low- and higher-price mixers?

Best regards from Germany
Henrik
by martinduran on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:16 am
I have the same problem, Right main output is low
by Skip Jones on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:08 am
Did anyone here open a support ticket? To do so click on the hyperlink in my signature.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by Tangledown on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:04 pm
Could somebody please post a definitive answer to this problem....PLEASE!
Surely someone must have had this problem resolved.
What was the fault and what did it cost to fix?
Come on you Presonus public, let's do this!
by fredy2 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 pm
For those that one side of the signal at the output XLR is low, that is bad news. The output driving chip is likely degraded. It is a bear to get to for repairing it. It is a surface mounted chip. REMEMBER to ALWAYS feed power to ALL interconnected equipment from the SAME power source. Connecting your mixer to a wall plug at the back of the room and your amps to one at the front of the room is sure to expose your mixer to ground bounce transients in the building wiring destroying inputs and/or outputs in your mixer.
by Tangledown on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Are you actually saying that dodgy power can bugger up these mixers, and presonus, in their infinite wisdom, with all the technology involved, haven't put a bit of protection in front of the fragile components?
by stevennewton on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:44 am
I have the same problem. The right side drops out after about 3 hours. We can get through a practice, through a worship set, then about halfway through the message, the right side is gone. I say it is the board because I can take the 1/4" plug out of the left side and put it in to the right output and still get no sound.
Has Presonus ever responded with any valuable information on this?
by wahlerstudios on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:25 pm
Did you check the "normal" XLR outputs or the CR (control room) outputs as well? Can you hear the stereo signal in your headphones? Are all other buses (auxes, FX, subgroups) still working, linked and unlinked?

Do not forget to turn up the level knob for the XLR outputs...
by joejudeen on Tue May 08, 2018 12:21 pm
I am experiencing the same thing. I just lost the left outputs to control room and main out. Meters show strong signal but, no audio the left outputs. The rights are solid and work fine. Cables are good. Software is up to date.

Should I try reflashing. If so, where can I find instructions to do so?
SL16.4.2AI
by Jyhad on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:23 am
henrikbraden wroteHi Guys,
unfortunately still there's no answer on this topic.
Since last week it seems i'm facing a similar issue on my 24.4.2 Classic, precisely it's the hot-pin of the right Main out that is -20dB in relation to all other pins. The board is already at the local service, and I will report here when i have it back.
Obviously it's a frequent issue on Studio live mixers, maybe this makes the difference between low- and higher-price mixers?

Best regards from Germany
Henrik

Do you know what was the issue? I have this same problem with my 16.4.2 Classic; the hot-pins of the LEFT Main outs are -20dB in relation to all other pins.

-Juha from Finland

22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2