StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
51 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
It also Happend to me. Mac,capitan,Upload to uc1.7.3; everything ok,studiolive16.4.2 usw Wiorking fine. Then tried to Upload The Firmware 1.9 I think, also Fine , but then :Startup please wait. And After rebooting allways The Same!
No Chance to get in contact with The Studiolive
.mac says no Devise, so i can't do a factory reset. So Tell me what to so! I Need Studiolive at The Weekend!
by aletheiachurch on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:18 pm
PreSonuSupt2 wroteHi everyone.

We are aware of this issue and are currently tracking it to find the cause and resolution.

We are not yet certain what is actually causing it.

Until we are, if you experience this issue upon updating firmware on your classic mixer we request that you submit a technical support ticket so that we can collect the data on your situation and use it to find the cause and cure. The ticket will also allow us a means to assist you in an expedient manner to get back to operational status as quickly as possible.

Hi,
Our church just opened a support ticket on this issue. We went from UC 3.5.5 to UC 4.2.0, upgrading the board from 1.13 (did not have to do the step up process as we were already on 1.13.) Currently it is stuck at the "Starting ... Please Wait" screen like everyone else here on the forum thread. Any help would be appreciated as it's our only board for the church.

Thanks!
Aletheia Church, Cambridge, MA
by mcdettah on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:42 pm
I just got the studiolive 16.4.2 mixer last week had to order a thunderbolt FireWire adapter for my Mac it came in today. Mixer turned on just fine until I upgraded it now it shows startup please wait I never got to use it yet. :?
by madcowvt on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:47 am
Dear Presonus... I too have this issue.

I have 2 of these 16.4.2 boards both with the following.
Firmware version: 1.50a
Build: 190

I use one for live sound the other for my studio. These are early versions and have been running great for 2+ years... on a positive note.

I wanted to start fresh with the live sound board and did a factory reset from the UC.
It is now bricked with the same message "Please wait...".
This took place immediately after the message on the screen said complete, restart the device and click OK.

New Mac with Elcapitan, downloaded latest UC. All was well and syncing fine until trying the factory reset.

Slightly different than others bricked devices with trying to update the firmware but still...

I submitted a support ticket earlier today and will await your response.

I assume the unit will have to be sent in as there is no real user serviceable area to perform a flash like the Ai series. Honestly, a big oversight on Presonus's part.

If there is a process and the unit needs to be disassembled I am more than happy to do so :+1
by markogredic on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:06 am
Hello :( I have a problem with a firmware upgrade in the 16.4.2 presonus studolive console! I wanted to upgrade the firmware 1.13 more like a multi-channel recording and everything I did as instructed by the official website using the MacBook Pro axis to El Capitan ver 10.11.3 or the console brakes every time you turn on me startup please wait. . I can not subject myself to the factory riddles using the Universal Control and every time I try again tells me the attached hardware is already up-to-date? Could it be that someone had this problem and how you solved? I need an answer as soon as possible to try to osposobim Console until tonight because I live performance :( Thank you in advance to everyone for your help?
by danny.wedel on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:44 am
Just adding fuel to the fire at this point, but this just happened to me as well. I'm somewhat relieved that I'm not the only one who ran into this issue...

My firmware was originally 1.12 and so I used an old MBP running Snow Leopard (10.6) to update the firmware to 1.13 as the step-up plan indicated. From there I installed Universal Control on my current MBP running Mavericks (10.9) and upgraded firmware. Initially, it seemed that the firmware update was successful and UC prompted me to reboot my machine (not sure of the exact wording, but it was ambiguous enough that it seemed I needed to reboot StudioLive). I was skeptical to reboot so went to check that the firmware was actually successful and StudioLive showed the latest firmware version. I rebooted StudioLive and ended up with this issue. When I try to factory reset or check firmware from UC, it now just says that "This hardware is already up-to-date."

Frustrating to say the least... Opened up a case with Tech Support immediately, but I'm guessing I now have an expensive brick until I send it in to get repaired...
by SPS on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:38 am
Luckely me! I am already on 1.90 firmware for the time it's available, and I have my laptop the same for this years with Studio one.2 producer. I have blocked internet completely on the laptop and am using it only with the 16.4. I have the 16.4 for 5 year now, and it never failed me!

So, for me is the ultimate solution: Have the last firmware on the 16.4 and the appropiate versions on the computer, and then NEVER do a upgrade or windows change EVER.
Then your configuration will run forever....................... :D

Studio-live 16-4-2, Firestudio Project, Win-7 laptop with Firewire expresscard, Studio one producer, EV PA system, Sennheiser wireless headsets etc.
by SPS on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:39 am
also, i never use the Tape-in chinch connections. Only the aux-in! :)

Studio-live 16-4-2, Firestudio Project, Win-7 laptop with Firewire expresscard, Studio one producer, EV PA system, Sennheiser wireless headsets etc.
by JakeJam on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:39 pm
markogredic wroteHello :( I have a problem with a firmware upgrade in the 16.4.2 presonus studolive console! I wanted to upgrade the firmware 1.13 more like a multi-channel recording and everything I did as instructed by the official website using the MacBook Pro axis to El Capitan ver 10.11.3 or the console brakes every time you turn on me startup please wait. . I can not subject myself to the factory riddles using the Universal Control and every time I try again tells me the attached hardware is already up-to-date? Could it be that someone had this problem and how you solved? I need an answer as soon as possible to try to osposobim Console until tonight because I live performance :( Thank you in advance to everyone for your help?

EXACT same issue here.

JAKE JACOBS

StudioLive 16.4.2
StudioLive 16.0.2
FireStudio Project
iPad Pro
Mac Mini A1347 (Dedicated) 10.10.5 - Yosemite
CAPTURE - Recording
REAPER DAW
by patpadgett1 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:43 am
I'm having the same issue with my StudioLive.
by SwitchBack on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:02 am
Open a service ticket with PreSonus. No other options I'm afraid.
by patpadgett1 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:24 pm
I have opened a ticket. I am in the middle of a project and this has really put me in a bad position with my client. This is outrageous! How quickly are these issues being resolved with support? To the other who have posted here, or in other threads -- what have your experiences been?

I'm hoping PreSonus will work with me to make things right. I like their gear... when it works.

thanks
by SPS on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:42 am
No remote solutions available I'm afraid.............. :oops:

by joshuabilton on Wed May 04, 2016 8:37 am
PreSonuSupt2 wroteHi everyone.

We are aware of this issue and are currently tracking it to find the cause and resolution.

We are not yet certain what is actually causing it.

Until we are, if you experience this issue upon updating firmware on your classic mixer we request that you submit a technical support ticket so that we can collect the data on your situation and use it to find the cause and cure. The ticket will also allow us a means to assist you in an expedient manner to get back to operational status as quickly as possible.

Hi, are PreSonus able to provide an update of this known issue please? As it's a known issue, I'm reluctant to send the unit off for repair at cost when it's possible some information or a fix may be released sometime soon. Thank you.
by filiperodrigues on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:53 am
I have exactly the same problem.
Can someone help me? I need my mixer urgently.
The mixer says "Startup Please Wait ..."
Thanks for your help
Filipe
by Arbolitorec on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:01 pm
that have received solution? I'm having the same problem, I created a tiket, but received no answer, I'm from Argentina. Someone might solve? :roll:
by boudie123 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:41 pm
i believe i read somewhere a while back with presonus users having problems upgrading to apple's el capitan.thats why i'm still running the latest lion version. no problems.

presonus 1642.. studio one pro 2.. presonus Sceptre 8.. les paul epiphone standard pro.. Ibanez g2000 bass.. Yamaha apx500ii.. apple imac intel core i5 processor. presonus hp4.. ez drummer2... melodyne essentials , mapex drums ,big baby taylor. persons sceptre 8, presonus monitor station,ozone isotope 7, peavey t-40, peavey falcon, yamaha ypg 535
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:44 pm
boudie123 wrotei believe i read somewhere a while back with presonus users having problems upgrading to apple's el capitan.thats why i'm still running the latest lion version. no problems.

And I am starting to see that Sierra is worse in some areas. No longer as bullet proof as when Jobs was around I'm afraid.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by djcontradiction on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:36 am
I have the same Problem must be a way to fix it because looks like even if we fix it could happen again and again, how we can reset to factory defaults with no communication with the computer? thats why in the new version (AL) they add a usb port in the mixer

Cheers

Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 Old Version (no AL)
by wahlerstudios on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:10 am
The USB port does not help if the (AI-)board is irresponsive. To answer your question: If the board does not boot, there is nothing you can do any more. Something is defect inside (probably the DSP board), so it needs professional care. A factory reset helps (while the board works), if functions do not work propperly or presets are lost. Your mixer obviously needs a repair, so open a ticket and send the board to the hospital in Baton Rouge (or wherever your service is located).

51 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3