StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
51 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Can someone please help me? I plugged in my firewire cable to my Mac OS X10, downloaded Universal Control and being to synch the mixer to the Mac. Everything was going fine until the system rebooted and it got stuck in "Startup...please wait". I cannot do anything with my board now. I've read online about the new AI mixers and being able to use a USB drive to update the factory setting firmware. This older model doesn't have a USB port though. How can I reset my mixer so I can use it?!?!

ANY insight would be greatly appreciated as I have not heard back from my Persons support ticket.

Attachments
IMG_9166.jpeg
by matthewgorman on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:53 pm
Need more info. OSX 10 can cover anything from Cheetah to El Cap, so its important to know to make sure you have installed the correct version of Universal Control.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by PreSonuSupt2 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:20 pm
Adam,

I think we spoke via phone earlier today. I created a technical support ticket for you on the subject.

Let me know via the ticket if you need anything else as I don't patrol the forums as often as I check tickets.

Kind regards,
by tonygardner on Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:04 pm
Help! I'm having the same exact problem, and need to know what the solution is!

I am running El Capitan and went through the entire manual uninstall and re-install UC 1.7.3 process. Things were looking SO promising right up until the firmware was successfully updated. Then my 16.4.2.screen looked exactly like the one in the picture.

I'm willing to do a complete factory reset, but can't seem to find how this can be done.

Please help!
by SwitchBack on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:19 am
As a general remark: You do not want to update UC with the mixer connected to the computer! With the 16.4.2 first make sure your mixer is on firmware 1.13 or better (older firmware needs special treatment). Then install the latest version of UC on your computer (if need be find instructions to wipe it clean of older versions first). Then shut everything down, connect the mixer, start the mixer and wait (!) until it is fully up and running, and only then boot up the computer. UC will automatically detect the (older) mixer firmware and guide you through the update process.
by thomasdpke1 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:15 am
I also have the Problem.Mein desk 16.4.2 does not start even more recent update on UC 1.7.
The display shows "Please Wait" is and the hours.
Nothing happens've UC uninstalled.
What shall I do.
by SwitchBack on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:26 am
Before this update did you check which firmware version was on the mixer? Was it 1.13 or higher?

Also, did you use that computer/firewire interface with the mixer before? Is the interface compatible with the mixer?
by thomasdpke1 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:29 am
Yes of course it was that beforehand
by SwitchBack on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:42 am
OK, don't switch off the mixer but pull out the firewire cable instead. Then power down your Mac, plug the firewire cable back in and restart your Mac. See what happens.
by thomasdpke1 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:32 am
OK I've done but it is always the same.
The display shows "Please Wait" is.
PreSonus_Universal_Control_17 the Driver
by leonelfarias1 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:07 am
PLEASE!! the same thing just happen to me!!!
by sabitbegiman on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:04 am
PLEASE!! the same thing happens to me!!! WHAT TO DO. HELP!!!
by SwitchBack on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:31 am
Just wondering: Are you guys using the correct download page for the mixer at hand?

For the AI mixers (the ones with the USB dongle socket) the download page is here (same UC for all AI mixer models).

For the (mostly discontinued) non-AI mixers (without the USB socket) the download page is here (same UC for all non-AI mixer models)
by sofuscomer on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:49 am
Same issue here. Have posted a ticked (No reply yet!). Went thru updating 1.12 with UC 1.20 and afterwards I loaded UC 17.3 and firmware updated. Now the exact same thing.

Startup "Please Wait..."

Does anybody know if there is a hard reset option. E.G.
    Hold down buttons while turning on the mixer?
    Or is there some kind of remove ROM battery inside the mixer somewhere?
by fyness on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:51 pm
Same problem here! Has to be an El Capitan problem! waiting for the solution like everyone else!
by PreSonuSupt2 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:21 pm
Hi everyone.

We are aware of this issue and are currently tracking it to find the cause and resolution.

We are not yet certain what is actually causing it.

Until we are, if you experience this issue upon updating firmware on your classic mixer we request that you submit a technical support ticket so that we can collect the data on your situation and use it to find the cause and cure. The ticket will also allow us a means to assist you in an expedient manner to get back to operational status as quickly as possible.
by jspring on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:56 am
Quick question for everyone that had to use UC 1.2 to update mixer firmware from 1.12 to 1.13 first before then updating to the latest firmware using UC 1.7.3:

What OSX version did you use to do the UC 1.2 update from 1.12 to 1.13?

Was it the same computer you then later installed UC 1.7.3 on to do the final update to the latest firmware, after which the mixer was stuck like this?
by fyness on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:13 pm
Now I have to send In my unit and pay for it! I really don't think that's fair. It's not my fault this happened! And I really needed it for this weekend! Not good!
by sofuscomer on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:32 am
I have the same issue. Startup Please wait... Upgraded 1.12 with UC 1.20 on a 10.5.8 mac and then set it to upgrade firmware on a 10.11.2 El Capitan with UC 1.7.3
Now its stuck. "Startup Please wait...".

I followed all the onboard and onscreen instructions to the mint!.

To begin to explain the misery following this error will be to heartbreaking. Except, that ones trust in Presonus is on a short thread. "Send it for repair". Thats gonna cost me almost 580 Euros, on top of what I just payed for it used. I have disassembled mine and am hoping to find a reset ROM option.
The only repairshop in Scandinavia is in Stockholm Sweden, and I live in Denmark, and I hope that I very soon get an answer to what they will replace, so I may replace it myself.

In the meantime. Has anybody had any luck with this error.
Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2 FW400 mixer

PS, it worked just fine with Firmware 1.12, except that you couldn't use Universal Control and the benefits of this app.
by sofuscomer on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:49 am
I have pulled the mixer apart. By opening the sides and carefully looking inside. I notice that the chip, which i reckon contains the data, "That i so dearly wish to reset" is a ADSP 21369

http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADSP-21367_21368_21369.pdf

On page 15 of this PDF there is something that resembles a reset option.

Processor Reset. Resets the processor to a known state. Upon deassertion, there is a 4096 CLKIN cycle latency for the PLL to lock. After this time, the core begins program execution from the hardware reset vector address. The RESET input must be asserted (low) at power- up.

Any ideas anybody!

51 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3