StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
51 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
someone solve this problem or our mixer are blocks from decoration? dissapointed..
by cedricchaffold on Sun May 23, 2021 11:53 am
The firmware\factory reset will do the trick. It basically involves, pulling the card, inputting a firmware USB stick, and restarting. Which triggers re-installing or recovery. Follow Presonus' detailed factory reset\\firmware recovery instructions. If you want to skip all that.... (Pulling the card is the key to breaking the "stuck" cycle).
by SwitchBack on Sun May 23, 2021 12:37 pm
This must be - by far - the thread with the most one time visitors on the entire forum. Welcome all, and open a service ticket with PreSonus as your mixer may need service. Thanks :)
by argenisb on Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:46 pm
Hello, I hope you are well, how disappointing it is to see that your mixing console that is 10 years old, but that is still completely unusable due to a firmware update from the manufacturer itself, and that the authorized technical service does not answer the emails either.

Well, we leave this to the creator of heaven and earth, only he can do justice.

Greetings.!
by drewervin on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:35 pm
It started happening to mine too, and now support won't accept repair requests requests because this product was discontinued last Summer. Unless someone figured out how to crack it open and reset the firmware directly on the board, we might be stuck with permanently broken mixers...
Last edited by drewervin on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by SwitchBack on Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:25 pm
To open the mixer here's a link to instructions with pictures done by someone a while back.

Once you're in look for a usb service port. I vaguely remember that for some freeze problems merely connecting a computer to that port helped to revive the mixer. If nothing else helps then it's worth a try.
by drewervin on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:28 pm
SwitchBack wroteTo open the mixer here's a link to instructions with pictures done by someone a while back.

Once you're in look for a usb service port. I vaguely remember that for some freeze problems merely connecting a computer to that port helped to revive the mixer. If nothing else helps then it's worth a try.

Hey sure enough, thanks for sharing. I will do a teardown next week and see what happens.
by drewervin on Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:07 pm
So, I ended up finding the contacts on the internal board where a usb connector is supposed to be. lol. The images in the teardown you provided definitely have a Type B connector there, but mine is non-existent. Maybe I'll get brave and try to solder a connector... but I don't know what I'd do once I did. It seems PreSonus may not be giving out raw firmware files for this model, and even if they did, I doubt it would be as simple as copying over files like it was a USB drive... Ha.

IMG_0515.jpg
Missing USB 2.0 Type B Connector

So after all that, it seems I still may be stuck with a broken board. I really wish PreSonus still accepted repair requests for these!
by drewervin on Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:24 pm
Great news! I was just about to give up, but on a whim I tried unplugging the power cable from my power conditioner and connecting it straight to the wall instead. Like magic, it booted right up, no problem.

If you're still using the StudioLive 16.4.2 classic in 2021+ and you're having this "Startup Please Wait" problem like I was, maybe try a few different power sources until the board works again.
by mervindimailig on Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:57 am
I have the same issue.. I tried everything and nothing works.. I contacted Presonus and told me that there's nothing they can do to fix it.. (Startup Problem)
Presonus should give us a Refund or Replace it with a new mixer.. It's there softwares fault on what is happening to our mixer.. Now I have a trash or a useless mixer sitting in an area, waiting to be fixed.. What a waste of money
by SwitchBack on Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:02 am
Don’t you think that’s a bit unfair, given that these mixers were released in 2009 and the last ones shipped some 10 years ago? You may have bought the mixer as first owner and had it for at least 10 years, or you bought it second hand and then expect a refund from the manufacturer. Either way for a ‘computer inside’ device it’s quite normal to be ‘end of service’ after 10 years. Parts no longer available means service no longer possible. It is what it is, unfortunately.

51 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3