StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
17 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi guys... need a little help here...
I own Presonus 24.4.2 and it was working on the soundcheck really great.. I stored the scene and mute all the channels (don't touched anything else, don't even turned it off... and 30 minutes before the show... CAN'T GET INPUT SIGNAL ON ANY CHANNEL... Universal Control is still corresponding and working fine, just won't get any input signal... not even in the talk back mic input... 30 minutes before the show 3000 people in audience I was lucky I had analog mixer in my truck... :D

If someone had the same or similar problem and resolved it, please share your/the solution..

Cheers :)
Last edited by mwright137 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed CAPS LOCK
by FinalSaga on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 pm
Moved the thread into the appropriate forum

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
:)
by mwright137 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:28 am
You didn't use the FireWire returns to do a virtual soundcheck, did you?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by salvadoredelle on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:12 am
thats what i was going to bring up Mwright... FW enabled has fooled me a time or two...

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by brinnswf on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:11 pm
Did you figure out the issue? I am having the same issue. The board lights up, but when I hit input I get nothing. I know it's not a firewire issue because I made sure those are disabled. I am fearing the worst :/
by Juergen569 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:33 am
Try this one: go into the system menu and toggle the FireWire link ID from 0 to 1 and back to 0.
This works on my SL 24.4.2
by ssrecord on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:34 pm
Same issue tonight! In the studio listening to iPod on tape ins when all of a sudden audio sounds like it's being pushed through an eye dropper for about a second while I see mains meter ramp up, left all the way to red and right three LEDs lower, then no sound at all. GR meter runs full at the same time. Those meters are now stuck there with no input from anywhere! Checked with mic on every channel. Nothing. Any presonus tech out there see anything like this?
by SwitchBack on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:56 am
Just to clarify a few things:
- GR meter runs full regardless of the 'select' button engaged?
- Only the main output meters are stuck, or other output(meter)s too?
- FAT channel is still responding to changes from VSL?
- FAT channel is still responding to changes from the mixer?
I'm trying to establish if the whole mixer froze or if only inputs and outputs are blocked. And did you try the 'set ID=1, wait a few seconds, then set ID=0' trick?
by ssrecord on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:57 pm
Well I brought the SL24.4.2 home for testing. Upon powerup, the Mains meters are no longer stuck, but the GR meter is still at max on every Fat Ch. and there is no input anywhere. I tried the Firewire I.D. 0 - 1 trick with no change. HELP!
by brianforest on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:29 am
Same thing with a 16.4.2 i just bought it used from my local studio only 3days in my home studio and i get the GR Full
Every thing responds on the board but just no sound input... i tried the firewire ID change trick, it worked a few times then it just stoped working, I oppened up a ticket but i guesse that i wont be having service since im in canada... :(
by hbabels on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:32 am
My 16.4.2
Just did the same thing right before a show !! :-(

Anyone find a solution for this ?
by renauddelay on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:30 pm
Hello there,
Same issur here, first time it happens. Have you guys found any software solution to this?
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:05 pm
It looks like your mixer needs a repair. Go to your users account and open a ticket. There is no "software solution".
by mpstar on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:46 pm
Hey, Guys! Recently the solution was found by user oscarmonsalvo. He wrote not so much about this. I tried to PM him some questions but he did not answer. I decided to check the information from his posts on forum. The problem caused by some voltage regulators feeding Analog-digital converters. Repair will cost less than a dollar. I wrote some guide of successful repairing my 16.0.2 console - it also can be useful for you. http://musiconnect.ru/publ/device/no-in ... -solution/
by keshshakya on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:31 am
SwitchBack wroteJust to clarify a few things:
- GR meter runs full regardless of the 'select' button engaged?
- Only the main output meters are stuck, or other output(meter)s too?
- FAT channel is still responding to changes from VSL?
- FAT channel is still responding to changes from the mixer?
I'm trying to establish if the whole mixer froze or if only inputs and outputs are blocked. And did you try the 'set ID=1, wait a few seconds, then set ID=0' trick?

I do get input volume but very low,, my Tape 2 track in don't work,, talk back mic don't work,, i coudn;t located firewire link anywhere
by jamison studio on Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:08 pm
Hello Presonus Friends. Hope someone out there can help, I have contacted Presonus and their support team stated that they no longer support 24.4.2. I have a StudioLive 24.4.2 hooked up and up to a week ago everything was fine, however upon trying to record today, channels 1-16 on my board have no input signal coming in at all, either from instruments nor XLR mic inputs. When I plug a mic into channel 17-24, there is signal coming in. It appears half my board is dead. I have tried re-installing the Universal driver and Factory reset via Universal control, but still no signals. Has anyone out there experienced this? Is there a fix somehow? Is it a hardware, firmware or some other issue? My DAW is REAPER. Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached the OHCI Information, interestinglt point 2 in the report states: Status: No Longer Present or disabled, but the Support States: Compatible, No known Issues
Thanks in advance for any tips to get it up and running again fully.
Gez

OHCI2.JPG
by jamison studio on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:59 pm
Update - solution found. Took off side panels and checked connectors inside the unit for channels 1-16 and 17-34.
One of the connectors was ever so slightly out of its socket. Pushed it fully back in and now I have all channels getting signal again.

IMG_20221111_131810052.jpg

17 posts
Page 1 of 1