StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
My 16.0.2 is not connecting to windows 8 or 8.1 (recently updated to 8.1 to see if that would fix)

I have a belkin F5u504 FireWire card. Which I never had a problem with on windows 7. I was also using this for a short time with no issues on windows 8. Maybe this somehow caused the issue? I had a presonus firepod that was no longer compatible with windows 8 and I ran the compatibility test and set the driver to windows 7 and it worked perfectly fine. Now I want to use my 16.0.2 I uninstalled the firepod and deleted any folder associated with that driver. I also went to the roaming folder %appdata% and deleted everything associated to that driver.

Once I installed the latest driver for the 16.0.2 the icon for universal control icon on the task bar shows up red. I googled the issue and it said to uninstall and delete all universal control folders like I did with the firepod. When I reinstall the universal control driver it's the same issue.

In the device manager it doesn't even recognize the 16.0.2 being an audio device.

Also I barely have any if any software on this computer. I have updated all the windows updates and am up to date. Any help would be great!
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:47 am
Download latencymon, and run it for a while with everything hooked up. That should start to tell the story of anything problematic on your system

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by team12 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:15 pm
I'll try that. Thanks.

Today I downloaded and installed the legacy firewire driver. I still have the same issue.

When I open universal control under the ohci info it doesn't show my FireWire card at all.

I purchased another presonus approved FireWire card and will see if that does the trick.
by team12 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:29 am
Today the new firewire card arrived. I downloaded and installed universal control and restarted the computer. On boot up it found the device and universal control opened up and looks to be fine. When playing any audio I hear no sound. The meters on playback devices also do not show anything playing.

I then uninstalled the legacy FireWire driver and let windows install the appropriate driver. When I opened universal control it said this software did not install correctly. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same deal. I reinstalled the legacy driver and am back with the same situation the studiolive is recognized but there's no sound.

Any ideas? I can't think of anything else to do. Btw the board works flawlessly on my iMac.
by DonaldLang on Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 am
I have a legacy StudioLive 16.4.2 with a very very similar problem to this on Windows 10. I can control the board remotely over firewire even connect to it remotely from my iPad but no sound whatsoever. Smaart room analysis does not produce any pink noise. No music files wav, mp3 or anything will play nor studiooone.

If I replace the PC with the mac and keep everything else the same it all works fine.

Is there any solution to this ?? Its driving me crazy.

Thanks

DL

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Computer type: Desktop
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 4.20GHz 35 °C
Kaby Lake
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1071MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS IX CODE (LGA1151)Graphics
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (NVIDIA)
Storage
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0 (SATA)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-208GB USB Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
PreSonus FireStudio Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Realtek High Definition Audio
USB Audio Device

5 posts
Page 1 of 1