StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is anyone on this forum using a StudioLive on Linux?

I have successfully installed my copy of Studio One Pro on my new Ubuntu computer using wine, but I am having difficulty connecting to my StudioLive.

I'm not sure how I should get studio One talking to my StudioLive. Should I install Universal control in wine? Is there some other presonus drivers that I need?

I installed FFADO which seems to recognise the StudioLive but I don't know that it's really connecting to it.

If anyone else is successfully connecting to their StudioLive with linux I would very much appreciate hearing what they did to get it working.

Thanks,
Francis

PreSonus Gear:
Studio One Pro
StudioLive 16.4.2
Fire Studio Mobile
HP60
Faderport

Computer
AMD A10-6790K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics × 4
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Firewire card
VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306/7/8 [Fire II(M)] IEEE 1394 OHCI Controller (rev 46)
by FinalSaga on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:28 pm
Hey rss1

I never got into the linux myself, so looking around and asking
Got this for you:
"If you have such distro, that has configuration for Presonus StudioLive in "usr/share/libffado2/configuration", like AV-Linux 5.0.2, 5.0.3 or Ubuntu Studio 12.04+, it will work "Out of the box".

Don't try to use sample rate higher than 48000Hz!

Ardour sees 32 in & 18 out. When you monitor your recordings, connect 17/18 outputs to Ardour's master.
I use LSI Firewire Chip."

I got this from http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/2488
I think that would be the place (or some like it) to go to ask about such things, since presonus doesn't support this

Hope this helps in some way

Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
:)
by rss1 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:26 pm
Thanks Saga,
I found that post as well. I do have the configuration for Presonus StudioLive in "usr/share/libffado2/configuration" but unfortunately it didn't work "out of the box" in my case/. Some further research is required. I was surprised how easy it was to get StudioOne working on Linux though, (once I figured out to use the 32bit installer)

I found a fair bit of discussion about using presonus products on Linux in the old presonus forums archive but not much in the new forums.

I will seek advice from the Linux audio community and post back here if I find a solution.

Thanks again,
Francis

PreSonus Gear:
Studio One Pro
StudioLive 16.4.2
Fire Studio Mobile
HP60
Faderport

Computer
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Firewire card
VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6306/7/8 [Fire II(M)] IEEE 1394 OHCI Controller (rev 46)
by dmcgurn on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:05 am
may need a different version of WINE. Try Playonlinux - Just a thought.
by rss1 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 pm
I am very excited to report that I now have Studio One Pro installed in Ubuntu Linux and working perfectly with my Studiolive 16.4.2

For anyone else who is interested, here is what I did:

Install the following programs from the Software Centre (or with apt-get if you prefer)
wine, winetricks, ffado mixer, and QjackCtrl .

Install corefonts and gdiplus with winetricks (this step may be unnecessary)

Install and configure WineASIO Driver
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common wget
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kxstudio-debian/kxstudio
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kxstudio-repos
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wineasio

regsvr32 wineasio

(I got these instructions from the helpful tutorial at: http://lkubuntu.wordpress.com/2014/01/0 ... -wineasio/ )

Add my user to the audio group (replace $username with your actual username)

Code: Select all
sudo usermod -a -G audio $username

Install Studio One in WINE
Download the Studio One 2 32bit Windows installer from presonus.com and install and activate it just as you would in Windows using the Wine installer.
(The 64 bit version may work fine in a newer version of Wine but I had issues with invisible fonts.)

To get it started:
1. Start StudiolLive
2. Plug it into the (running) computer
3. Start FFADO Mixer
4. Start QjackCTRL
5. (First time only) set driver in QjackCTRL settings window to "firewire"
6. Start jack server with QjackCTRL
7. Start Studio One
8. (First time only) set Audio Device in StudioOne to WineASIO

I hope this help anyone else wishing to use their Presonus recording set-up in Linux get started!

PreSonus Gear:
Studio One Pro
StudioLive 16.4.2
Fire Studio Mobile
HP60
Faderport

Computer
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Firewire card
by rss1 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:26 pm
This is a follow up on my experience of recording with Presonus Studiolive and Studio One using Ubuntu Linux (14.04).

It take persistence to get it all working but runs very well and is fast and stable once set up.

One thing to note is that, with ubuntu, your systems recording latency has to be manually configured. It took me a while to figure this out but it is simple to do. I recorded a clap and then recorded it playing back in to the same multi track song in S1, I then checked the difference in timing between the two tracks to and set that as the hardware latency in the Studio One settings.

This album by Solaris is one of the projects we recorded, mixed, and mastered almost exclusively using Studio One on Linux: Solaris Album

PreSonus Gear:
Studio One Pro
StudioLive 16.4.2
Fire Studio Mobile
HP60
Faderport

Computer
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Firewire card
by danlevasseur1 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:13 pm
Necropost (for 2024). I'm using a nuc11 with thunderbolt 3 to firewire on a studiolive 24.42. I've got a build of Ubuntu working, but I'm currently trying to compile all the necessary drivers and noticed it's a little funky 10 years on. I'm currently looking for wineASIO drivers since I can't see to find them in the distro through Terminal. Are there any changes in the last 10 years to be aware of? I couldn't find kxstudio either.
by danlevasseur1 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:02 pm
I'm noticing a lot of repositories have been moving to github and I can't find them over here.

https://github.com/wineasio/wineasio

https://github.com/KXStudio

Is there a way to update the repo so that the commands can find it?

QJack control and FFADO mixer I found in the software app.
I've made use of github in the past for Mac, so I gotta figure out how to make use of the system to build my wineASIO and KXStudio.

If I can get this running, I may attempt to repeat the process again on a new partition through AVLinux as it's an even more streamlined OS https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=avlinux
by danlevasseur1 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 am
I'm in Reaper and so far I've got the Studiolive reading as a driver but my issue right now is that the ALSA Studiolive profiler is only showing 16 channels while I'm using the Studiolive 24.4.2. Where do I find the correct profile? I got FFADO but that goes through JACK and not ALSA, I believe.
by nathangoodman1 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:32 am
I am up against this same situation. In Ardour using Alsa, StudioLive 24.4.2 works out-the-box and is very stable. HOWEVER, only the first 16 inputs are recognized! :?: :x

I am going to start digging through the internet and see what could be done, if you find a cure, please share for others.

The reason I'm moving from pro-tools/logic to Ardour/Linux ... I can't install drivers for my StudioLive on my computers running montery! So thats and end. One of the two machines in the room (a StudioLive 24.4.2 and Macbook Pro) is a paperweight if I don't figure out a solution.
So I installed Linux Studio on laptop, and amazingly worked quite well. I would like those last 8 tracks tho! ;) well, 9 including the talkback, and then the subs, Logic sees like all that stuff (well it did - before it updated and now i have a 60lb PAPERWEIGHT) not cool PreSonus

10 posts
Page 1 of 1