StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello !

I've just purchased Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2 yesterday and i have done a quick test today for about 2hrs. And within 2hrs of usage time i started feeling a Problem, the mixer gets pretty hot(but not severe) around front part of the mixer area. particularly at the mic input area and the heat radiates around the mic/line gain area and around fat channel control area too. And when i switched off the system and checked the back part of the mixer it was heated pretty much too.

The heating is not that severe but i feel it is bit more hot than normal. i've used analog mixers before but never felt this heating problem, so i m guessing should be a problem with my mixer ?

please can anyone here enlighten me on this issue ? soonest possible pls so that i can quickly be in touch with the seller(shop) for the further action.

thanks lot ! for the attention.

Dal
by SwitchBack on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:27 am
It is normal for StudioLive mixers to feel warm, especially the models without a fan. The mixer's power consumption is about 100W and quite a bit of that will turn into heat.

The back of the mixer (where the inputs are) will warm up because that's where the preamps are. The XMAX preamps are class-A which means low distortion but also power consumption even when they are not in use. The bottom of the mixer will warm up because the mixer's power supply heat sink is bolted to it. :)
by dkp004 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:37 am
Thanks lot SwitchBack, for the advice!

So the heating will not cause any major issue when doing events for long hrs for bout 7-8 hrs ?

Best wishes !
by SwitchBack on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:16 am
No, you'll be fine as long as you don't block the vents and as long as air can flow under the mixer. So stick the provided rubber strips to the bottom of the mixer. On a hard flat surface that will give enough gap for cooling. But in a hot room I wouldn't place the mixer on a heavy rug.
by dkp004 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:25 pm
Thank you so much! Switchback for your appropriate advice.I will surely keep in mind.

Best wishes!
by tiborgrenus on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:23 am
I had it on for a coulpe of days. Now many condersers puffed up and the mixer won’t turn on… :hunf:
by SwitchBack on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:08 pm
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

Hmm, that shouldn’t happen even at high temperatures. How old is that mixer? the puffed capacitors could be from a bad batch.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:11 pm
Looks like you bought the mixer second hand. There is a big problem. PreSonus has stopped service for the 16.0.2 Classic mixer. Check this article from Knowledge Base.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -2-Classic
by karimdubugnon on Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 am
i would encourage to read carefully this post:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=38094
Following these steps may solve the heat problem and prevent the freezing problem that so many people experienced in the past and, i'm sure keep do!
Feedbacks are welcome ;)
by rsp.bobthomas on Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:10 am
hi there.
my mixer is also getting very hot. first i thought its cause of me ;)
i recognized a hum on my sl1602.

can somebody help me?

thanks a lot.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:24 pm
No help, unfortunately, but a link to something you should read:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -2-Classic

11 posts
Page 1 of 1