StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, I very new to this and just need to know if this is even possible or not? I have a 24.4.2 non AI board and just bought Studio One 5 Artist and need to know if I can use my board as a controller? Someone at my church said that I can use DAW mode?? to do this?? Is this possible? This is my first home studio and hope that I can. Thanks in advance.
by SwitchBack on Mon May 03, 2021 2:27 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

The classic mixers don’t control anything outside the mixer so you can’t use it to control anything in S1.

What you can do is send a few S1 channels trough the mixer back to S1 using the mixer’s returns and user configurable sends. It will work but it’s far from ideal.
by klypeman on Mon May 03, 2021 4:15 am
It is not possible to use the 24.4.2 as a DAW controller, the Studiolive III series has this option. The FaderPort series are also made for this.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

3 posts
Page 1 of 1