StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can anyone recommend a replacement USB mixer (Presonus) for my StudioLive 16.4.2? It's working fine but I expect a laptop with Firewire 400 support is going to be hard to find. I'm also looking for something with a smaller footprint.

The main requirement is that it support 8 analog inputs.

Thanks.

Regards,
Charles
by SwitchBack on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:35 pm
For a smaller footprint digital mixer have a look at the StudioLive 16.0.2 USB. You’ll feel right at home with that one because it’s a cousin of the 16.4.2.

For smaller footprint analog mixers with digital interface you can try the ARc series of mixers. Note that compared to the digital mixers analog mixers are extremely limited in their ‘signal processing’ options.

For a serious upgrade from the 16.4.2 you’ll have to stick with the 16.4.2’s footprint. The Series III 32SC mixer is a 2 generations newer mixer but it will feel like double that.

A left field option for a smaller footprint is a rack mixer like the Series III 16R, 24R or 32R. No physical control surface but they offer all the functionality (well, maybe 99%) of the console versions of those mixers.

Choices, choices... :)
by CharlesF on Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:01 pm
Many thanks. I'm was leaning towards the StudioLive 16.0.2 USB but look at the others before making my decision.

Regards,
Charles
by CharlesF on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:36 pm
I`ve decided to go with the 16.0.2 USB and sell my 16.4.2.

Do you happen to know if the person who buys a my StudioLive mixer can set up his own My.Presonus account?

Also, how would I go about switching the registration for the StudioLive 16.4.2 from my account to the buyers account.

Thanks,

Regards,
Charles
by SwitchBack on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:52 pm
Anyone can create a PreSonus account so that's an easy 'yes'.

As for transferring the mixer simply deregister it in your account. The new owner can then register its serial number under his/her account. You may still receive a warning that someone else is trying to register the mixer. If you do then answer that you sold it.

Note that the version of S1 that came with the first purchase of the mixer does not automatically transfer with the mixer. If you want to transfer that too then I think you need to pay a transfer fee to PreSonus. Check it to be sure.
by CharlesF on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:46 am
Many thanks for the response.

I've found Presonus' customer service to be very poor in the past but I'll try to get a response from them.

Regards,
Charles

6 posts
Page 1 of 1