Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
This board has never left my studio. The referenced inputs, (both mic and line) just stopped working. Everything else on this board seems to be fine.

Board is surge protected and power conditioned.

Any ideas as to what’s wrong/broken?

Thanks,
Greg

Win 10 Pro, Gigabyte mobo, i7 3930k processor, 32 GB ram, Samsung 960 Pro 500 GB Sys Drive, StudioLive 32.4.2AI, S1v6 Pro
by wahlerstudios on Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:58 am
The mixers obviously needs a repair, which probably means a replacement of the curcuit board dealing with input channels 12-20. You should open a ticket and ask Support for advice. They will give you a list of ASC's (Authorized Serice Center) which can do the repair and check the mixer generally.
by SwitchBack on Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:18 am
I think those mixers had 3 preamp boards with 9(?) preamps each in them. The problem might be as simple as one (ribbon) connector working its way loose. Maybe worth the effort to remove the mixer's side panels for a look inside and to give all connectors a push.
by gwmullins on Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:59 pm
Here’s an update. Out of nowhere the inputs that stopped working, started working again. Go figure! Can’t really even blame the weather since this board sits in a climate controlled studio.

Looks like I should take it apart and reseat all of the ribbon cables.

Greg

Win 10 Pro, Gigabyte mobo, i7 3930k processor, 32 GB ram, Samsung 960 Pro 500 GB Sys Drive, StudioLive 32.4.2AI, S1v6 Pro

4 posts
Page 1 of 1