Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hi There. I am a new user to the Presonus Community and I experience alot of crashes.. I use te RML32AI with a laptop using thunderolt 4. The crashes are of the BSOB Type. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and then reboot. It ony crashes when using capture. I use the suggested TB3 to TB2 converter. So far tested with the Startech and the Apple Converter. I also use the suggested apple TB2 to firewire onverter. The connection is made and my device manager sees the presonus. I can also select it in volume control and it plays back windows sounds back to input 1 and 2 if I use firewire input on those channels. I first experienced so many BSOD's that I expected it to be the firewire connection or the TB 4 to 2 converter malfunctioning but I have now found out the following:

The RML32AI records and plays back full 32 tracks even in 96kHz. But only if you:
1- delete the files from the capture folder in app data and do a clean start
2- not change any settings in the capture app.
3- not close the capture app,
4- not use the record now button.
5-not change a sample rate setting in UC.
6-not use stereo files or combine files to become stereo in capture.
7-not do anything else but record and playback and arming or disarming tracks.
Once you for exemple make one stereo channel in capture you can not change it back to mono tracks. if you change the track setting it causes the BSOD. Apparently due to the BSOD happeniong on pretty much everything I googled it and came at the thunderolt issue.. But.. Apparently the connection is strong. The TB4 to Apple TB2 works and the TB2 to firewire works and the audio recording works. With all these things working the problem seems to be really related to Capture 3 software crashing the system.. Any suggestions how to solve this? I am surprized this didnt come up earlier but since I am a new user i tried many settings all resulting in BSOD's. So basically the only thing I can do is use the capture by recording from a new project or opening a project. and then simply not do anything else but recording or arming\disarming tracks. Is it just me who has so many errors in Capture? Is there a solution to this? maybe an old more stable version?

on my lightpipe i had exactly the same BSOD's and using capture as well.
other pc of my friend with thunderbolt 3 experiences the exact same problems..

1 post
Page 1 of 1