Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Guys will these two units work together. IE the CS18AI controlling Studio One 5 and the 1824C handling patching/routing to my outboard hardware (compressors, mic preamps, etc) They both use the same version of UC V 3.3.0.59348.
Really appreciate any update.... meanwhile will keep researching. Thanks and respect!
by wahlerstudios on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:44 am
Hmm, that looks like it could work, because USB and Ethernet/AVB can be used separate. You would use the 1824c as audio interface and control it via UC Surface, while you would use the CS18AI as physical control for Studio One. You should be aware that in this configuration there is absolutely no audio running through the CS18AI. No inputs, no outputs, nothing.

I would see the problem that the CS18AI is not "Studio One 5-ready". You will get the normal basic functions, but DAW Mode is not modified for S1 v5 yet and I doubt it will ever be modified, because the CS18AI is a "discontinued product". Studio One 5 comes with completely remodelled and updated stock plug-ins. DAW Mode is still using the "old" settings.

A Faderport might be the better alternative. ;-)

2 posts
Page 1 of 1