Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Have two 32 AI consoles cascaded, all is good except Uni Surface. I understand it cannot see all 70-+ channels at once but is there a way I can switch between each console in Uni Surface on iPad Pro? I cannot remotely control the slave console at this point.

Many thanks gents
Don
by wahlerstudios on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:34 pm
UC Surface is not able to show two cascaded AI consoles as "one" mixer, which was/is FireWire related. UC Surface is able to show two cascaded AI rack mixers as "one" 64 channel mixer, because cascading was done via AVB. You can switch between the two mixers via the two riders top left of UC Surface settings page.

Hope this helps and welcome to the Forum!

;-)
by donwilson2 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:34 am
Thank you, it was a bit of networking as well but it does work on the Surface now...I wouldn't have persisted if not for your words. . I cannot get the RTA/SPET to display data yet it does activate, is that a bug I need too mention? I muse that stuff all the time...

All the Best,
Don
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:07 am
As far as I remember RTA/Spectra should work on both mixers, because they are cascaded via FireWire. Unfortunately there are not so many AI mixer users here anymore, so it might be an idea to join the Facebook group dealing with the "old" mixers:

Presonus StudioLive Mixer Users
https://www.facebook.com/groups/236075319847351

4 posts
Page 1 of 1