Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Please excuse my ignorance in advance :)

I just purchased a 16.4.2AI ( previous A&H analog user), updated to the latest firmware, read most of the manual, setup my preset Fat Channel settings for each input, saved the scene for rehearsal yesterday. connected all sources and turned the unit on. unit boots normally but the GR meter is max'd and there is no indication of any signal on the board.

I do have firewire connected to an approved cardbus adapter and using UC which seems to be working as advertized.

Any clues in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Equipment

Presonus 16.4.2AI x2
dbx driverack 260, PA2, PA
QSC Amps
Yamaha DSR series 112,215
JBL PRX718 series Subs
Yamaha club series IV
Warfedale Pro Subs
Cerwin Vega monitors
by salvadoredelle on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:54 am
try this, Save your settings on your PC... then go into the scene page on the board and set it to scene 1 that sets the board to a -0- and a good starting point. I would also disconnect the puter first so it is not in the loop as you are figuring this out (process of elimination). If this does not work do a total reset (which will dump your scenes and presets so save em first!) and you may have to re load the update again if it got corrupted. Also look at how you are supposed to set up your PC for audio as there are videos available to streamline your puter and get rid of stuff that will mess with the audio processing.

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by drdrums65 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:27 am
Thanks for the prompt response, will troubleshoot with zero'd out board

Equipment

Presonus 16.4.2AI x2
QSC Amps
JBL PRX718 series Subs
Yamaha club series IV
Warfedale Pro Subs
Cerwin Vega monitors
by drdrums65 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:21 pm
I wanted to thank you for the heads up on zero out. signal path is fine now. I am just wondering what I could have done when using the presets for Fat Channel that would have made the GR max out and not allow signal flow even on channels that had no gate....

oh well I will figure it out.

Thanks again

Equipment

Presonus 16.4.2AI x2
QSC Amps
JBL PRX718 series Subs
Yamaha club series IV
Warfedale Pro Subs
Cerwin Vega monitors
by RayIII on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 am
2020 here for anyone who is currently having this issue. I own the 16.4.2 and this has been happening for months now; and I've tried every scene recall, fat channel fix, firmware reinstall that anyone has recommended in the forums.

This is a very much known issue by Presonus with its classic boards. some say it's a heat issue, others say it's with the flash memory, maybe a combination of both. Unless you buy replacement parts and do a fix yourself, which costs around $200 for the PCB with the flash memory, the repair will be $235 without shipping (which for me would be over $100). Do yourself a favor and put that money towards a Mackie or an Allen and Heath.
A company that knows about this defect and does nothing about it, doesn't deserve your money.

Mac Pro Retina Mid-2014 16GB
macOS Big Sur v.11.2.1
Studio One 5 Artist
Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2

5 posts
Page 1 of 1