Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a cs18ai, rm16ai and a running studio one 4 on a mac. Could anyone talk me through a way to set this system up in a studio based system? I would like to be able to use the rm to record in studio one, through the cs18ai. Is this possible?

Many thanks
by matthewgorman on Mon May 06, 2019 12:16 pm
The RM needs to be connected to the PC that is recording. The CS won't be able to be recorded directly. The input/output on the CS will only work to pass audio to and from the RM, but the CS can not act as an interface.

Did you need the RM in a remote location? In this example, the RM is the interface, connected to the computer for audio input into S1. The CS can act as the controller for S1, as well as the controller for the RM, by toggling the DAW button.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by mick massey on Tue May 07, 2019 12:04 pm
Thanks Matt.

So... I've got my RM16AI connected to my mac by Firewire, I've got an AVB switch coming tomorrow, so should I then connect the cat5 from CS to switch, RM to switch and Mac to switch? I'm going to use UC surface on my Window surface pro so should i also connect a wireless router to the switch to enable that? I'm assuming that I can then use the CS to control the RM (and UC if I'm away from the desk) Thanks for your help

Mick
by matthewgorman on Tue May 07, 2019 12:21 pm
You only need the AVB switch if you need to pass audio over that connection, but you will still be limited on the CS18 to 2x2 in/out. That why I mention that the RM needs to be connected to the PC. You could alternately use AVB for audio input into the daw from the RM, so that could gain you some flexibility. I don't have a mac, so I would not be super helpful getting that running. I know enough to get me in trouble.

As far as the control portion, yes you would need a wireless router for control if you are using the AVB stream for audio.

All other connections you mentioned look correct. I had a similar setup with an RM16 and CS18 on windows. My RM was connected via FW to the PC. I then had a wireless router for an offline network, and the PC, RM, and CS were all connected to that. Then its a simple toggle of the DAW button to either control the mixer, or Studio One, from the CS. Its a nice little system FWIW, I upgraded to the Series 3 with a rack mixer and stagebox, which is an even slicker system.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by mick massey on Tue May 07, 2019 12:46 pm
That's great, thanks Matt I'll let you know how I get on! :D

5 posts
Page 1 of 1