Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have 3.8.0.24 on mine but that would seem to be lagging behind my other Dante devices, perhaps.

D.
by roblof on Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:58 pm
V3.8, isn’t that from the medieval era :P

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by tourtelot on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:30 am
Yes! I have been going 'round and 'round with support about an updated Dante firmware, now in the 4.x.x.x from Audinate. They are very wishy-washy about about why they won't supply just the firmware needed to update Dante. Something about it being imbedded with a general update for the board's FW.

God, this stuff drives me absolutely nuts! Why!!?? Every other manufacturer of Dante gear that I own, probably up to about a dozen companies now, put up regular Dante updates for cards, even those cards in legacy gear (Lynx). Dante firmware manage installs the updates easily.

Because Presonus has dropped support for the SL2442AI and hence, dropped all support of customers with the product (and run off to court new customers with the latest and greatest, only to drop them in a few years I suspect) my Dante card will be forever stuck in the "dark ages." That boarders on malpractice.

I have continued to say that I am (mostly) satisfied with my SL2442AI, but so, so, so unhappy with Presonus's way of dealing with existing customers, those who paid out good money, and are now left abandoned after a few years.

I continually warn fellow audio engineers off of Presonus as a manufacturer because of this very issue, and I, for one, will NEVER buy another Presonus product. There are a lot of competing products with stellar customer support. (Let me tell you about Audio Technica. Freakin' awesome!)

So I am looking to buy a new panel from someone who wants to help existing customers and not leave us in the dust holding the bag. Allen and Heath SQ?

Can you tell I'm pissed?

D.
by roblof on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:01 pm
This sounds like crazy talk to me. The brooklyn chipset made by audinate has no real dependence on the mixer firmware. Only thing would be if they wanted to implement a hui for some specific functionality, but for things like aes67 and ddm you don’t need any mixer interaction since this is handled by dcm.

Dante is on v4.09 nowadays, but that is just a minor fix from v4.08 so anyone on v4.08 should be a happy camper.

v3.08 is from mid-2015 or something (~4yrs old!) and is missing out on a couple of crucial bug fixes since then...

Could it be that presonus no longer have a support license with audinate?

tourtelot wroteYes! I have been going 'round and 'round with support about an updated Dante firmware, now in the 4.x.x.x from Audinate. They are very wishy-washy about about why they won't supply just the firmware needed to update Dante. Something about it being imbedded with a general update for the board's FW.

Hehe, I’ve also been there with some gear from my younger days. Today I’m a happy camper and I’ve been so since 2013 :P 8-)

Can you tell I'm pissed?

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by tourtelot on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:07 pm
Brett at Audinate says he will be in touch with Presonus this week to try and straighten this out. He says he has two cards in Portland that need updates. Hmm.

D.
by roblof on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:19 pm
Please PM me the outcome if you can’t share it in public. :reading:

tourtelot wroteBrett at Audinate says he will be in touch with Presonus this week to try and straighten this out. He says he has two cards in Portland that need updates. Hmm.

D.

by tourtelot on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:22 pm
Will do.

D.
by roblof on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:30 pm
Looking at a picture of the presonus dante card there is one thing that strikes me. While other manufacturers uses the brooklyn-ii card from audinate mounted using the so-dimm type of connector, the presonus dante card seems to be made completely in house with embedded components.

Could it be that it has compatibility issues, just like their avb-card has...?

by tourtelot on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 pm
That may be the route of Brett's exploration.

D.
by tourtelot on Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:59 am
Just so everyone knows, it seems that because of the update structure in the SL2442AI with a Dante Mix card installed, the only way to update the Dante card is via a complete SL2442AI update.

And since Presonus has abandoned this panel, and all of us who paid good money to buy one, the Dante card will never be updated past it's 1.x firmware and will eventually quit working. Good thing I don't use it because it will only do 48k.

What a complete piece of junk! What terrible support by the manufacturer.

I will soon abandon this panel myself, donate it to a church or some aspiring rock band for free, and buy an Allen and Heath Q-series that will do everything the SL2442AI won't and will be supported by a company that has it's customers' best interest as a priority. God! I am so bummed I ever bought this stupid thing.

D.
by roblof on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:23 pm
Ouch, no wonder that presonus never exchanged those gen-1 avb cards with dante cards.

I can only assume that this is equally bad with their dante enabled speakers as well...?

A&H is cool. You already know what mixer system I’m using. Thankfully I’ve never had the requirement for anything above 48k, but I still have my old appogee ensamble and motu 896 if I ever need higher sample rates.

tourtelot wroteAnd since Presonus has abandoned this panel, and all of us who paid good money to buy one, the Dante card will never be updated past it's 1.x firmware and will eventually quit working. Good thing I don't use it because it will only do 48k.

11 posts
Page 1 of 1