Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all - so finally starting to get use to the StudioLive set up but my issue is I'm having to control everything via mouse. My sliders will control input volumes, but thats it.

I'm sure there's something I'm missing....any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)
by matthewgorman on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:13 pm
The AI mixers are not control surfaces. The Series 3 mixers introduced daw control and motorized faders.

Sorry.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by willsamstutz1 on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:27 pm
matthewgorman wroteThe AI mixers are not control surfaces. The Series 3 mixers introduced daw control and motorized faders.

Sorry.

The more i read up on it the more i realized this was the case *sigh*. Well, what series 3 DAW controllers do i have to choose from / research?

Thanks for answering by the way :)
by SwitchBack on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:26 am
From your first post it isn’t fully clear to me what it is you want to do. Easy to jump to conclusions. Maybe what you want to do is still possible with your 16.4.2AI.

Control surfaces such as Presonus’ FaderPorts allow you to control settings in your DAW (e.g. in Studio One). All changes to audio and mix are effectively made inside your computer.

Mixers such as your StudioLive AI allow you to control audio before it gets inside your computer. Or you can return audio form your DAW to the mixer, adjust it there and then send it back to the DAW, as a mix or as individual channels.

The StudioLive Series III console mixers can do both. They can do everything your AI mixer can do and they can do everything a FaderPort can do. Question is if you really need that for what you want to achieve :)
by wahlerstudios on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:21 am
Full DAW control was invented for the CS18AI, which also had motorized faders. In combination with a rack mixer (RM/RML) this was a phantastic solution for studio and live work. You could handle up to 128 tracks. The rack mixer worked as audio interface, mixer and stagebox. You could even use Studio One for recording and processing in a live event.

Just sayin' as a former CS/RM user... ;-)

5 posts
Page 1 of 1