Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was successful to upgrade the latest Oct 2018 firmware on both devices but not it has become very unstable?
It looks as though the communication between the two drop out? From my Mac I am connected via FireWire and UC control is up but the CS 18 loses control and goes blank sort of speak?
My setup is as follows:
Rm32ai connected to my Mac via FireWire
Cat6 cable into Motu ave switch

Cs18ai connected to Motu ave switch

Apple express router connected to Motu Ethernet uplink port
Apple express running dhcp

Both Rm32 aid and cs18 aid setup as dynamic for network connection

Seems very odd that this becomes unstable???

Reverted back and I am ok??

Anyone else have this issue?

I did open a ticket
Just throwing this out there

Cheers

Mike
by wahlerstudios on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:52 pm
Do you SEE the drop-outs, or do you HEAR them? :?:

Unfortunately it's a feature nowadays, that displays stop sometimes and anyway are never synchronous with the musical material. This has been first known as the "FireWire display lag", but it also happens in USB systems like the Series III mixers. The only "true" display can be found in Capture and Studio One, which proves that UC Surface 2.x is the problem, not FireWire and not USB. UC Surface has simply lost its ability to display signals correctly during the "milestone" releases. The latest firmware (which is the beta firmware released in April 2018) has made this problem definitively obvious.

But you should NOT HEAR drop-outs. If this is the case, that audio signals get interrupted, my guess is that this has to do with your network connections. Check the LEDs at the Ethernet ports of RM32 and CS18. If they're not flickering, they get no signal. If you twist the connectors a little bit and the signals comes back, you have found the reason for your problems.

Another way to check if the CS18 behaves as it should is to unplug the cable to the AVB switch and use the WLAN-dongle.

SL16 | 32R | 16R | 16M

Apple routers | iPads | PreSonus SW5E & Motu AVB switches | Alesis iO Docks | Yamaha S112, S15e, S10e, SM12, SM10 | LD Systems Curv 500 | Galaxy Audio Hot Spots | Mac mini | Lenovo Laptop | Studio One Artist 4.6.1 & Pro 3.5.6

2 posts
Page 1 of 1