Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

The saga continue... Episode IV, A new hope.
(sorry for the long intro, but that’s the history that may give hints so you can help me)
(oh yes sorry for my english, no my mother tongue)

I have a 16.0.2 that has been repaired once already (DSP PCB board, PAE P/N: 410-SL16M-DSP exchanged) - as I was told. It is plugged to several input, a Mac Book Pro (firewire) and a VDrum set (midi).

During the last six month my 16.0.2 has been a little capricious after a single power outage.
Turning it on everything worked ok if I could hear this noise (sorry for the video aspect, but the audio is important only) :
phpBB [video]

Else if no noise thy were no output at all. :(
It was annoying but after 10mn usually it worked ok.

Lately another power outage make very complicate to work with it.
It worked but then if I plug my Mac Book Pro or launch Logic (the MBP was connected on startup) it seems the console re-initialise itself and It end up with no output anymore (again).

This last week I couldn’t get it to work.
Only after I unplug everything and wait more than 24h it get back to life.
So I decided to open it and check what is going on (in another discussion viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12189 someone mentioned fixing the power supply).

I found pretty easily the power supply board and found on it a capacitor that show top bulging sign.

Marking : 220uf 35v.
Can I buy any capacitor with this reference and replace it or do I need more info ?

May be more critical;
Is this look like the problem (due to all the history I explained) ?
Should I change the entire power supply board ?
Is my issue only related to power supply or should I look first somewhere else ?

Any comment or help is welcomed !

Bernard
by Karyn on Sat May 26, 2018 4:28 pm
Yes, you can easily replace that 220uf 35v capacitor.

It must be 220uf but can be 35v or 50v or higher, but NOT lower.
When you put the new one in remember it MUST go in the correct way around. The board has + marked, the capacitors have - marked (the blue/grey stripe). If in doubt, refer to your pictures before you solder it...

Capacitors are cheap, I recommend getting some spares for all the similar capacitors.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by bernardsfez on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 am
Done changed unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem.

Each time I plug my Mac Book Pro (firewire + thunderbolt adapter) the mixer turn dead.
Sometimes once all is plugged before turning it on, it work but if I change song it is dead again. :(

I’m getting a windows computer to check if it does the same.

Bernard
by sjc193 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 am
When I had a classic studioLive Mixer I had to flip the FieWire ID from 0 to 1, wait a second, then flip it back to 0 after booting everything up in order to use a computer and record (unfreeze it). Worth a try as it's easy to do.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by mdesla on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:40 am
Hi I'm totally with you on this point, I have exactly the same problem with the exact same mixer. I'm running out of solution too. I have two options, either throw it in the trash or try to find the problem personally.

I have very basic notions in electronics, but I am ready to modify it myself a little to try something .. What do I have to lose anyway! the chances of selling it are becoming more and more impossible.

If you have any ideas, I'm ready to work with you, together, who knows we may find what Presonus can not find and that obviously seems to have thrown away the towel with their users.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1