Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I did a complete restore on my console and it didn't help with this problem. Also when i did this does it have the updates in this program or do i have to do them on top of the restore? The restore did fix my effects problems i was having.
Thanks!
by wahlerstudios on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:51 am
May I ask what you mean by "restore"? There are three options for users to try to get the board working again:

1) Zero Out Scene: You should recall the "reset scene" very often and always when you start working on a new scene. It sets the board back to factory settings and adjusts small problems.

2) Firmware Update: A firmware update can heal some problems, but it will cause more problems than it cures, if there is a gap between old and new firmware versions. It works mostly with the previous/next version. It is known from the SL 3242AI that "gaps" between firmware verisons can cause quite some problems.

3) Factory Reset with the option card pulled out: This is the real thing - and the last thing you as user can do. Your mixer will loose anything stored inside and wake up fresh and renewed... Do NOT forget to store your scenes and presets on a computer before, because they will get lost. You can also do a Factory Reset without pulling out the option card, but this does not help with calibration problems. It may well be that you have to do a real Factory Reset two or three times, if the firmware was too old. You don 't need to star with older versions. Just take the latest.

If a "real" Factory Reset does not help with your fader problem, probably the fader section has to be replaced. There is nothing else you can do than sending the board to the doctors in Baton Rouge.
by greenhornet-1 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:20 pm
I ran a complete factory reset. I think 25 was likely not working since i purchased the desk. I had never used that channel till a few weeks ago when i needed 27 inputs and found the dead channel. I can turn the gain wide open with a mic connected and get a cracking partial signal. I know that's likely a solder joint and will need to be sent in. Anyway should i run the 9194 update or just leave it alone is what i'm asking? I use this console mainly for on stage monitor mixes and can live without #25.
Thanks for your help!!
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:53 am
If you are not using your 32 channels, a repair is not a must. But you need watch the channels in that "area". I suppose that channels 25 to 32 are using one fader bank inside, so if there is something wrong, the other channels might also be or become affected.

I remember that soldering has been a temporary problem when the production of the SL AI boards started. A repair is possible, but you need to send this huge board somewhere, which costs quite some money. If it's not worth, don't do it.

But you should definitely do the update to firmware 9194, because the boards have seen several improvements over the years. At the moment (since yesterday) you can also download the StudioLive AI Public Beta firmware "vSL 1.0.11979" (https://forums.presonus.com/viewforum.php?f=386), but the 9194 is probably more relevant.
by greenhornet-1 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:12 pm
Thanks. I'll keep an eye own it. I forgot to ask. To run this desk with my Ipad do i still need a router in between the desk & Ipad? Thanks again!
by wahlerstudios on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:03 pm
You need a WLAN to connect desk and iPad and you can create your own network or join an existing network. The easiest and fastest solution is to connect desk and router via CAT5e cable. The router will do two things for you:

1) supply dynamic IP addresses for your network
2) function as WAP (Wireless Access Point).

Your mixer doesn't need the WiFi dongle, if mixer and router are wired. The mixer is by default set to use dynamic addresses, to make connections as easy as possible. Please check section 3 of the StudioLive AI Software Refeerence Manual (see download page).

Connecting the mixer via FireWire to a computer can help a lot to get things going. Many things are easier to handle in UC Surface.

This article "Technical Articles" might also be worth reading:
https://www.presonus.com/learn/technical-articles/How-To-Network-Studiolive-Mixers-for-Remote-Control
by greenhornet-1 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:22 pm
Figured it out. Thanks for your help!!!

7 posts
Page 1 of 1