Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
so i have a pair of old passive loudpeakers and my SL 16.4.2, and i just bought a power amplifier so i can monitor say voices or just play music back via the loudspeakers, but the problem is that i'm almost blasting the SL with all the volume and the main outputs connected to the inputs on the power amp, but then i turn the gain of the PA all the way up and i'm barely getting any signal on the led indicator, and then there is no sound coming out of the loudpeakers. please help me with this problem, i'm pretty new in the audio world.

the PA has these specs:
2 X 150 Watts a 8 Ohm
2 X 225 Watts a 4 Ohm
Bridge 450 Watts a 8 Ohm

i'm not sure what the loudpeakers specs are because they are old and there is no indication whatsoever about Ohms or watts or anything BUT i'm pretty sure they work because the guy that gave them to me tested them before i took them
by Friedhelm on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:19 am
Specs in terms of watt an ohm doesn't matter with your problem. Your Pa needs a proper gain structure, means gettin the right levels to match your components.
BUT if you have no sound at all, my first question is, if your amplifier is working at all... But then: do you have the rotary control besides the main and mono out of the presonus device turned up?
it is rhen a good idea to learn things about gain structure, in my opinion this is the most important thing for a sound guy beginner .
presonus knowledge base and youtube are your friends ;)

SL1602
RM16AI
Nowsonic stage router
StudioOne pro2
mac book pro 2009
ipad4
db technologies DVX 10(2x), DVX8(4x)
db technologies S08(2x)

https://www.waves.com/r/bqvxon
by felipegonzalez1 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:18 am
Hi! thanks for the help, well i'm now trying here some things, i'm really new in the audioo world but i think i was setting the gain at the proper levels on the mixer, but i was getting no sound still. turns out that yesterday when i bought the PA, the salesman was a little ignorant just like me, and he sold me 2 pair of guitar cables for the PA outputs, the cables are way too thin, and one of the cables got freaking hot!! so i had to turn off and disconnect it immediatly. then i did a little test with a little piece of pwer cable that i had and connected it to the speakers and the outputs on the PA and i was getting sound! good volume sound with really low gain on the PA, so i'm going to buy the proper cable and try again because it seems that is the problem. if not, i'll post again!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1