Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
17 posts
Page 1 of 1
i've already posted more than a month ago but i haven't been able to solve this issue.. it started a month ago when a thunder burned my PC motherboard, i replaced it and formated my pc and when i installed the UC surface, i connect the mixer to the PC but it does not recognize it... i already tried everything on the forums, i mean everything.. reinstalled 1000 times, updated the IEEE 1394 drivers, installed legacy versions.. nothign works. i opened a ticket on presonus support and it was even more useless, basically after 10 days of mails they told me like try a different port..

i tried with a different PC and then with a Mac and a different cable and nothing..... after 2 weeks trying everything i can think of, i assume the mixer ot damaged by the lignthing too so i take it to repair.... and after a week they told me it works perfect! that they had no problem at all, they didn't even charged me anything because they told me it was all perfect... but i come home and do everything back from zero, but nothing is working!!! i mean the console turns on but no matter what, my pc is not reconizing it....

lastly, i've been using the console for a year and a half now, and when i bought it, i came home, installed UC and connected it and there you go, instantly working, never had an issue before this time... i need big help here please!!!! i'm trully desperate since it's been more than a month being unable to work.. thx a lot :( :( :(
by SwitchBack on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:54 am
Looks to me like an incompatible firewire chipset or (in case your MB has a FW400 port) an incompatible firewire cable.

FW400-FW800 cables must be bilingual (check the product description). For the interface consider buying a card with a compatible chipset.
by felipegonzalez1 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Hi thank you for your response. no, i'm using a compatible chipset and the cable IS bilingual, it was working before with the exact same set up i have right now and when i got the mixer brand new, i didn't had any issues installing it. that is why i'm so frustrated, i'm doing exactly the same as i did the first time i got the mixer, and when the PC motherboard got damaged, i replaced it for another of the same motherboard.. i am thinking it must be some driver or something on the configuration, i don't know ..

also i want to update that when i install the UC surface, and then go to device manager, i see no firestudio drivers anywhere.. and i see on the knowledge base that after installing the UC surface, you should see the firestudio driver there on device manager. maybe that can help, and i repeat the mixer worked before with the same chipset and the PC does recognize the chipset but not the mixer when i connect it. thx a lot
by jpettit on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:25 pm
Did you open a support ticket yet?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by wahlerstudios on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:58 am
(Quote from first post): "i opened a ticket on presonus support and it was even more useless, basically after 10 days of mails they told me like try a different port.."

@felipegonzalez1: If PreSonus Support could not help, the only way to get out of your trouble is to find some help in your area. Do you know somebody, who owns a SLAI mixer and uses a computer with FireWire? Could you meet and check your mixer? I mean not only the mixer, but also and especially the option card. You said that you have tried a Mac. If you have done everything right with the Mac and used the right cable (400 to 800 also works on half speed), FireWire should have worked immediately.

Get somebody involved now who uses a Mac with his SLAI board. This will prove if the mixer and the option card are working - or not.
by felipegonzalez1 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 am
Yeah I already opened a ticket but after 10 days the Only thing they told me is that I need a chipset with a FireWire 800... it worked a straight year with the FireWire 400 chipset and a bilingual cable.. also I sent the mixer for repairing on the store that I bought it and they told me it worked perfectly, they didn't even charged me anything ... but I come here and it does not connect to the pc. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with some driver or something but nothing on the knowledge base has solved the problem, it just doesn't recognize anything when I plug it on the pc.. I'm using a brand new cable also ... whaaaat am I missing?? 😞😞

And yeah I've been looking for someone in my area who can solve this or at least help but I've been totally out of luck, nobody has been able to help me .. it's really weird, I swear that the first time with the exact same set up it did not gave any issue
by sjc193 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:35 am
When I last updated my RM32 Firmware and PC (with FW400) software, I was unable to connect UCS with FireWire at first, it would connect via ethernet however (on my system I always have network cable to router switch and FW connected). There was a trick to it on the Windows side that got it working, I'm pretty sure I wrote about it here on this forum so let me do a couple searches and see if I can find the thread. It was this last spring but I honestly can't remember off the top of my head what I did to make it work, I will say it was frustrating and scary for a few hours but I figured it out eventually. . .

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by sjc193 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:52 am
viewtopic.php?f=222&t=25995&p=144211&hilit=FireWire#p144211

From the thread above "So I updated my RM32 first by using the USB thumb drive method, it worked perfectly the first try. I did not do a Firmware recovery, just an update, I have never actually had to do a recovery before. Then I updated my UC Surface in Windows to UC 2.1 and Capture to the latest as well. At that point I could connect with Ethernet but I could not connect with FireWire. Panic sets in a little bit. . . haha. . . but after tweaking stuff here and there and a few reboots I finally got it working over FireWire. The trick I believe was that I had to go into the Device Manager, find my Texas Instruments 1394 device, go into its properties and do a driver update. It rebooted, and BAM I was in!"

Sounds like you may have tried this (the reboot after was crucial)

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
by sjc193 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:54 am
All that said, if lightning fried your motherboard I would imagine it could have fried you FireWire board too. . . it's all connected in there. . .

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
by felipegonzalez1 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:07 am
sjc193 wroteAll that said, if lightning fried your motherboard I would imagine it could have fried you FireWire board too. . .
Steve

Hi thank you so much for replying, as you said yes , I have already tried going to device manager and update de drivers and rebooting but that hasn't worked. Also I'm totally sure the FireWire board is not dead because the pc recognizes the IEEE 1394 on the device manager, AND I tried buying a new FW board too but it didint recognize the mixer neither.. I'll just keep uninstalling and updating drivers til it works because I don't know what else to do. More ideas would be really really appreciated , thx a lot !
by SwitchBack on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 am
Just curious: "...so i take it to repair…", was that a PreSonus repair centre? And did you specifically ask them to test the firewire interface too?
by felipegonzalez1 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:51 am
SwitchBack wroteJust curious: "...so i take it to repair…", was that a PreSonus repair centre? And did you specifically ask them to test the firewire interface too?

Yes! I took it to the place I bought it and they are the official presonus distributors here where I live ... they told me they even did a recording test!!! They didn't charged me anything and said it was perfect

So I'm pretty sure it must be some driver interfering with the installation or something with the pc configuration because the hardware setup is exactly the same as i had been working with no issues for the past year and a half. It's something that has never happened before
by SwitchBack on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:18 am
OK, just making sure. And I assume you also tried this.

Maybe time to reveal a little bit more about your hardware (mobo/firewire card/chipset) and your OS for more detailed help...
by Karyn on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:27 am
felipegonzalez1 wrote I took it to the place I bought it and they are the official presonus distributors here where I live ... they told me they even did a recording test!!! They didn't charged me anything and said it was perfect

Go back there with the board AND your computer.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by felipegonzalez1 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:04 am
SwitchBack wroteOK, just making sure. And I assume you also tried this.

Maybe time to reveal a little bit more about your hardware (mobo/firewire card/chipset) and your OS for more detailed help...

yes i did tried that, totally uninstalling and reinstaling the drivers... does not work

this is the info on my hardware

CPU(s):
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Physical: 1
Cores: 4
Logical: 4
L1 Cache: 32 KB (8)
L2 Cache: 256 KB (4)
L3 Cache: 6144 KB (1)
Installed RAM: 8136 MB

1:
Vendor : (104C) Texas Instruments
Chipset: (8235) XIO2200A
Revision: 01
Details:
Subsysten VendorId: 104c
Subsystem DeviceId: 8023
Max # isoch Rx contexts: 4
Max # isoch Tx contexts: 4
Max 1394 Speed Capability: S400
Support: Compatible, no known issues.

Done.

i mean i think i got everything right but i just don't get any response, and yeah i think maybe i will have to take the pc to that store but that is like the last of the last options because i really want to figure this out... because a year ago i had 0 issues whatsoever, i just installed UC surface, plug the mixer and turn it on and ther you go, instantly working... and the previous motherboard was basically the same as this one, it was a core i7 but i think core i5 should be just fine too

this is just crazy, i really ran out of ideas
by felipegonzalez1 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:15 am
ooooooook i just wanted to update in case someone experiences the same as i did... problem solved!!! it turns out the PCIe inputs where both damaged, despite the PC recognized it on the device manager, it was "working", UC surface did recognized the chipset and everything was supposedly OK.. but in reality, pc was recognizing it but the inputs where damaged, but also 1 of the inputs of the console got damaged too, and it only works on the second one.. so the first time i tried with a new firewire PCIe, i unluckly tried on the bad firewire input on the mixer but at that point i didn't knew it was damaged....

long story short, firewire conections SUCK !! but at least i got back my mixer
by SwitchBack on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:20 am
Yes, the FW400 alpha connector's design is no gem. The problem with the non-responsive connector on your mixer may be as simple as poor contacts. I've had success fixing poor connections by carefully bending the side grounding contacts slightly inwards with a tiny screwdriver. Worth a try.

17 posts
Page 1 of 1