Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, first post but been reading for a few years. Learned a ton here.
Have had SL boards for several years.
I just added an SL 24.4.2ai that had fairly old firmware so I updated to the new V8596 and UC 2.1.1
Everything works as it should but UC seems to be incomplete. Some parameters are missing and some greyed out. I don't really care as I do all my settings and mixing on the board an set recording routing and such in Nuendo..so don't use it but it still bugs me that it doesn't work right.

I didn't know about upgrading firmware with the firewire card pulled out till I read something here yesterday so I tried to re-install the firmware that way but when I hit recall. nothing happens. Tried to roll back, no go. Tried re-installing UC and different versions, no go.
Is there a way to do this or do I have to wait till a new firmware version comes out.
Thanks for any clue.

EDIT: Sorry, I see I posted this in the wrong section.
by wahlerstudios on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:45 am
The latest firmware version for your SL 2442AI is "v9194" (UC Surface 1.8 and 2.x), while "v8596" was belongs to very old UC Surface 1.5. Obviously you have a mismatch of versions. UC 2.1.1 and firmware 9194 are simply incompatible. You find everything you need on this page:

https://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/StudioLive-2442AI

Do NOT install UC Surface greater than 2.0 if you want to use FireWire. There still is a "FireWire lag", which makes controlling nearly impossible.
by leotrottier on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:28 am
Thanks, this isn't the first time you solved an issue of mine even though its my first post..
8596 was first in line in my account so I though it was the latest.
Better now.
by wahlerstudios on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 am
Thanks for your feedback. We are here to help and I think the forum is still the best place to ask questions... :thumbup:

You say "better" but not "perfect". If something is greyed out, this means that permissions are missing. You need to go to the settings page in UC. The permission department is in the left upper corner. A computer connected by FireWire should have all permissions by default, but sometimes things get a little mixed. An iPad might be helpful...
by leotrottier on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 pm
Ah yes. the permissions. I had no idea. UC is different for my 16.4.2 but like I said, I never even open UC the way I work.
You never know though, someday it may become part of my work flow.
Everything works now.
Thanks again.
by sjc193 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:39 am
When using an AI console desk, I always use the System menu on the actual console to give each device permissions. The device will need to be on and on the network (along with the console) before you will see the iPad or other device in the system menu, you can then set it to FOH for full control.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine