Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Good day, I comment the following problem, I work from sonar x3, and I send each track to a different channel of my studiolive, until then well, I can modify parameters through the fat chanel of each track .., but I see that it does not arrive Signal to the master of my DAW, therefore I can not work on my mastering with plugins ... and the second problem is that when exporting the final mix to wav I realize that it does not come with the parameters of fat chanel that modify from my Studiolive ... I suspect that it is connected with my first problem, and that it is a question of routing and configuration of outputs and inputs, I hope to have been clear, kind regards
by Karyn on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:42 pm
It is purely a routing exercise. But the routing you need can't be done directly.

In an ideal world you'd use the external FX module (I can't remember what its called) in Sonar to send the track out to your studio live and return the processed signal back to the same channel in Sonar for final mix. But, Studiolive can't do this directly. The FireWire input (or Dante if you're using that) comes After the FireWire output in the channel signal path.

You have 2 options. Send the tracks to studio live, mix on the board and return the 2 track mix back to Sonar for mastering via a couple of extra channels (record them...) or, route each channel to an individual auxmix output (set at unity gain) and return those outputs back to Sonar (either as new tracks or via the channel insert module).

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1