Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
We use a 64AI Mix System, and until recently we rarely used both mixers simultaneously. I was watching this Presonus Live with Justin & Wesley from 2014 concerning cascading AI consoles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM2WMJIUy0E

They stated that once the AI mixers were ported over to UC Surface, they would populate as "one big mixer" within the software. That was supposed to happen 2 years ago, but it obviously never did because I still see two separate mixers on the latest version of the software. I opened a ticket with support, and the rep verified that it wasn't ever implemented and that he had "no other information concerning this feature."

Do you think that this promised feature will never appear due to the fact that the AI consoles will soon enter legacy status? I sincerely hope not. Thoughts?

Stacy Wells
Media Director
Emmanuel Baptist Church
Blackshear, GA

Presonus 64AI Mix System (sanctuary)
Presonus 32AI (youth building)

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 (sanctuary)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
250GB SSD
OS X Sierra

MacBook Pro 15", Late 2008 (youth building)
2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 MHz DDR3
480GB SSD
OS X Yosemite

UC Surface 2.0.1.42326-Mac
Capture 2.3.1.42326
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 am
I can imagine that it's still on the list, but I suppose the programmers never could spend the time needed, because they had other/more relevant things to do. Probably they were busy with the "next generation" mixers already, which at the given time were the RM rack mixers... ;-)

The RM mixers can be "cascaded" as "Master" and "Slave" and are seen as "one big mixer" in UC Surface, but the meaning of the words is slightly different and cascading is done via AVB network, not FireWire. The step of bringing cascaded AI-mixers in UC Surface together seems not to be really huge, but there are several of those kinds of little "gaps" in the two AI families. Some work never got done...

With UC Surface 2.0 it has got more difficult to select the AI mixers, because it only shows one rider on top. You need to go to the settings page to select the second mixer. Therefore an iPad in addition to US Surface on computer might be very helpful. It gives you direct access to the slave mixer and/or the auxes, just Smaart would be missing on iPad, which was planned for the coming firmware and software update, but got delayed again. It is also possible to add a computer screen to an iPad (special adapter), so if you want the visualization located next to your computer screen, this is a nice "workaround".

PreSonus support gave you the correct answer and this is just a users' forum. But thanks for asking and reminding of the forgotten list of promised features... :shock:
by stacywells1 on Mon May 01, 2017 11:21 am
Thanks for the reply. Maybe that'll get done before they enter legacy.

Stacy Wells
Media Director
Emmanuel Baptist Church
Blackshear, GA

Presonus 64AI Mix System (sanctuary)
Presonus 32AI (youth building)

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 (sanctuary)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
250GB SSD
OS X Sierra

MacBook Pro 15", Late 2008 (youth building)
2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 MHz DDR3
480GB SSD
OS X Yosemite

UC Surface 2.0.1.42326-Mac
Capture 2.3.1.42326

3 posts
Page 1 of 1