Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a pair of 16.4.2ai boards cascaded we have been using in our facility. I created custom settings and saved them for each channel for quick installing them on channels. I backed up the whole system to my macbook. I am installing a new 32.4.2AI board next week with the RM32ai digital stage box setup. Can i import my backup into to new board to have a quick setup of ally channels from the menu? Trying to prevent having to go in and reset all my eq's gates and compressors manually if possible. Please tell me this is as easy as i hope it is. Thanks.
by wahlerstudios on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:17 pm
The SL AI mixers are totally compatible, so if you have saved settings on your computer, you can use them on any of the boards. I don't know, but I also don't think that the data of two cascaded SL AI mixers will be handled as "one board", so saving individual settings is the best way to go.

But wait... ;-) You have not heard the RM mixers preamps yet and as you will be using them in stagebox or monitor mode, everything you have created as settings on a less equipped mixer (e.g. the on board parametric equalizers of the SL 1642AI), will be "too much".

Give the new preamps a chance and start at zero. There are suprises waiting for you!
by edcinningham on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:23 pm
awesome thanks, i've got to start the new install soon, so i'm trying to cover all my bases with everything i can think of, cabling etc. Glad to hear some stuff will be a little easier than expected.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1