Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I have a i7-7700k, 32gb DDR4 RAM, Asus z270 PC with Windows 10, connected thru Startech Firewire 800 to RML16Ai. I routed all the channels (52inx32out) to Multirack Native to use my Waves plugins live.

I don't even load any plugin and:
- When I choice ASIO Presonus drive in Multirack, any buffer size below 512 will produce Audio drop. :thumbdown:
- When I choice ASIO4All (universal ASIO) I can go to 64 with no issue. However it only support 8inx8out :thumbup:

Also, I disabled CPU thortelling thru motherboard, maximized the Power Management. Disabled Antivirus, Wireless card. Nothing seems to work. :readit:

The issue is ASIO drive from Presonus for Windows 10. Because I have 2016 MacBook Pro and I can get the buffersize down to 32 with no issue. (I just don't want to burn the CPU because of ventilation limitation with laptops, that's why I want to use a PC)

Now, what else should I do to decrease the latency/buffersize due to the ASIO drive issue. Anyone has any suggestion. :?:
by matthewgorman on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:01 pm
There has to be something else going on. I can run my RM into either of the PC's in my sig at a 64 buffer, recording up to 16 tracks, with CPU around 10%.

I would download and install latencymon, and run that with everything hooked up. It should identify any system problems getting in the way.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by aryba on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:36 pm
Just want to make sure are you using your "Multirack Native" from Waves in conjuction with Presonus at 64 in Windows 10?

I ran Latencymon, it say it is perfect until I go to internet or open an application. Then it says, change power management, and disable CPU thortlling. which already did.
-disabled Intel speed, Intel C-stat, Intel Shiftspeed in Bios.

I even overclocked my PC. nothing seems to take care of the spikes of CPU overload.

if it is the issue with hardware setup, then how come it work fine with ASIO4All?
I'm justed shocked and confused.
by matthewgorman on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:28 am
Well lets dig in a little deeper, and maybe some others will chime in as well. FWIW my desktop is Win 10, and as I said not having these issues. I do not use Multirack, so I can't speak to that.

Can we start with the versions of Universal Control, and mixer firmware that you have installed? Just the Win 10 box.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by aryba on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:52 am
Thank you for following up on this matter.

My issue is, I run UC 1.8.3 at 48Hz and buffer 64... and Multirack Native works as a DAW and see the RML16Ai as a sound card (which I wanted this way) However at these settings, Multirack Native shows spikes of CPU overload and drops the audio!

My setup is, all the channel of RML16Ai routed to firewire and recieves by Multirack to process and add my desired effect and routed back to RML16Ai to fed my main speakers.

Just to be clear, UC and RML16Ai alone at 64 buffersize work great, the issue is Multirack which sees the RML16Ai as a sound card and the RML16Ai ASIO drive has some kind of a bug that create this issue!
by matthewgorman on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:54 am
Can you tell me what firmware is installed on the mixer? Look at the settings page in UC.

As a way to eliminate variables, do you have a daw installed on that PC, where you can run a similar sized song with the same number of plugins used. It may tell us that there is a setting off in waves possibly.

I may have you open a support ticket at some point if we can't make any headway here.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by thunderk on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:38 am
i have a question should i update my universal control i'm not sure if its outdated the driver version is 3.5.2.8028 svn :1586 i have seen the updates for windows 10 but not sure if i should updated to that version when it tells me that it is up to date already
by aryba on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:29 am
Frimware version: SL 1.0.9244
App version: 1.8.3.40882

Since I use the RML16Ai for live shows, it has to work with Multirack Native to host my VST3. Playing it thru DAW will slow down the process. That's why Waves made this particular product.

Here is the dedicated page from Waves about Presonus
http://www.waves.com/live-sound/presonus#setups

I opened a support ticket and they are working on the issue, however, Mathewgorman, please can you download the demo version of Multirack Native and see if you have the same problem that I have.

Thank you.
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:38 am
I will try and install it this evening if the rest of the family cooperates. Stay tuned.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by aryba on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:06 am
:+1

Waiting for your reply. Thank you.

In a case you don't know how to rout the channels. Here is a helpful link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCJmtPlrEQA
by abelarielfernandez on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:45 pm
i got the same issue on my rm16ai. When i turn off the uc surface everything work perfect on multirack natives. I been trying on win 8 , w8.1 and now win10 and nothing works when uc surface is active. If i control the rm by network on a laptop or ipad and i just let the multirack on the server close to rm everything work. the only problem i have to use a vcn network to access to the rm remotly.
I got lastest firmware an uc surface version. Looks like a driver problem on windows when uc is activated. Sry for my english. Looking for a solution too.
by aryba on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:36 pm
so you have the same issue I have? then it is not my system, it is their ASIO driver for Windows.

I have contacted them, and the only thing they came up with. was Presonus don't support Multirack (3rd party) product!!! but it is their software engineer problems who write the ASIO driver not Waves or anybody else.
I knew Presonus products always had a problem with their drivers, but since I tested on Mac, I thought it would work for windows! and Presonus failed me again!!!

Now I can not return the RML16Ai, and it doesn't work the way it should be! Really bad experience with their team.
by abelarielfernandez on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:19 pm
Could be a chipset problem. We are on the same motherboard manufacture. I think on Mac multirack is working very good. I try studio one for plugins and rm16 work very good the only thing is the mixer on studio one doesn't control the ones on rm. Only gains and fat channel. I got very low latency on studio one and rm. Let see what happens with the new UC 2.0 at the end of February maybe they fix this problem. :? :?
by aryba on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:55 pm
So you are using Studio One 3 instead of Multirack Native to Host your VST3? are they stable? and how is the latency?

Also, are you sure UC 2.0 is coming out by the end of Feb?
by abelarielfernandez on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 pm
This is the video about UC Surface 2.0. He mentions that at 7:20 min on video.

https://www.facebook.com/PreSonus/videos/vb.44626647633/10154318104472634/?type=2&theater

About latency on studio one 3 is very small with waves plugins. I got around 2.60 ms at 64 samples with 11 channels using eq and compressors and waves plugins on each channel like 4 on each channel. Not even one crash on pc. Plus recording on capture too. The best thing is try on rehearsals. Normally I record 2 hours of practice and I test everything there.
by aryba on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:22 am
I hope it will come out soon.

Funny thing is, I can not install Hackintosh on the system too, i7-7700k and z270 are not supported yet, so even I do FakeCPUID, it still doesn't boot up.

Studio One 3, that comes with the RML16Ai, is Artist version which doesn't support Waves plugin!!!!
I'm just out of idea. I have Logic pro x which doesn't work for PC.
by matthewgorman on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:10 am
Hey guys. I recommend opening a ticket with waves. From everything I am seeing and folks I have talked to, this is a more of a multirack issue, not a driver issue.

I did not have the opportunity to install the demo, but should have a chance to do that over the weekend.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by aryba on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 pm
Thank you for the clarification, I thought that is only my problem, it seems everybody experiencing the same thing.

However, in a mean time, do you think Ableton Live can do what Multirack do? I'm not fimiliar with the Ableton Live that why I ask it before I install and play with it.

Thanks.
by matthewgorman on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:59 pm
I have never worked with Ableton, but any daw should be able to do what you need.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by aryba on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:27 pm
Yeah, but except Cubase and Protools which I know they handle Waves or any third party plugin, other DAWs either only host their own plugin, or are too slow that create latency. I never worked with Ableton as well, that's why I asked.

I guess I have to give up on Windows and stick with Mac. There is mo otherway for this problem.

24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2