Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
When will UC Surface 2.0 be available? I thought it was said that it would be available when the series III mixers shipped. I'm looking to use it with the AI stuff
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:02 pm
Good question... :| Not trying to answer it, but I suppose it's quite a job to create multiple versions of UC 2, that fit to different generations of hardware and technical design. There is a new piece of a puzzle to think about, found in http://www.facebook.com/presonus:

January 22, 2017

Peter Scott · Will version 2.0 of UC get a Fat channel upgrade for AI series mixers?

PreSonus Audio Electronics · the new UC Surface 2.0 will bring all the graphics and workflow improvements to the AI family but not new Fat Channel or FX. These are a part of the mixer firmware and DSP. The AI mixers don't have the DSP necessary to run the new Series III processing.
by seanmcdaniel on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:33 pm
Thanks for all the info!
by wilfredobergonio on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:38 pm
Is this compatible with the SL32.4.2ai with a firmware version of v9194?
by wahlerstudios on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:16 pm
by dbackschies on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:26 pm
Maybe I missed it, but what is the minimum firmware version for the 24AI that is supported with UC 2.0? I can't find any mention of it in the release notes.

I'm also curious to learn if the older QMIX-AI will work with the latest 24AI firmware (9194). I work with multiple bands and they're never happy when I ask them to upgrade. :)

Thanks!
by wahlerstudios on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:09 pm
UC Surface 2.0 does not need a firmware update, so the latest AI Console Firmware v9194, which came with UC 1.8, still fits. QMix-AI was not updated for a very long time, which caused several incompatibilities (like not showing cascaded mixers). PreSonus strongly recommends to "use matching versions" of firmware and software, so if you as sound engineer decide to go with UC Surface 2.0, the musicians have to follow you. It is your job to provide a "running system". Using matching softwares is part of this theme. But with UC Surface 2.0 it should be easy to encourage the musicians to update their QMix. There are new features, it's better to use and it looks more colorful... :thumbup:
by dbackschies on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 am
Thanks for the response! Have you by any chance seen any type of documentation released for the latest UC Surface, or QMix-UC?
by wahlerstudios on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:02 am
UC Surface 2.0 is described in detail in the new SL software Manual, which you find on the download page. Here is the direct link (file of about 13 MB):

http://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl.com/downloads/products/pdf/StudioLiveSoftware_ReferenceManual-EN_V6_21022017.pdf
by dbackschies on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:24 pm
Perfect!

Thanks!

10 posts
Page 1 of 1