Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Help! Is anyone using Airport Express as their wireless router for Ipad remote connectivity? If so, or if a good idea, can u please tell me how to config? Many thanks!
by highsierrabassplayer on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 pm
Come on, Presonus! This should be a no-brainer! You claim that we can be able to use an IPad remotely and merely plug a router using an ethernet cable from Router (in my case an Apple Airport Express) lan port to the AI mixer ethernet port and get remote connectivity. I have tried putting in Airport IP address, I have tried a dynamic connection. Your forum is not what it used to be. No replies. The Presonus YouTube videos are outdated. The tutorial with Rick showing how to connect a wireless device is outdated. The whole reason I purchased the new AI version was to eliminate a computer. It should not be this difficult.
by matthewgorman on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:01 pm
Try the attached doc. I had it as a sticky, but apparently it has become unstuck

Attachments
Airport Setup For IOS Remote.pdf
(364.19 KiB) Downloaded 1560 times

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by highsierrabassplayer on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:28 am
Thank you again, Matthew Gorman. You would not believe what I went through to get my new 24.4.2AI up and remoting! It's now 1am and after a trip to the Apple Store to find a sharp Apple techie and get him to help me with your PDF on Apple Airport, I finally gave up and bought a Linksys WRT1200AC hotrod router and finally got it all configed. The last six hours was like entering the Shaolin Temple and sweeping the floors and finally, after hours of pure trying this and that, I carried the fiery urn through the passageway to connectivity. Im amazed how few people posted...perhaps merely testimony on how sharp most of you are and what a bonehead I am. Anyway, after finally getting that mixer to come up on my IPad, only to have it darkened out, and finding that next page down for permissions...I knew I was on it, baby! The joy of finally moving faders, playing with EQ's, pretending to turn down the aux on that damn lead guitar player...well it's right up there with sex, the groove, owning a hemi, attending a Pink Floyd concert...time for a cold one! Thanks again, Matthew.
by hggilmore on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:28 pm
I just purchased and connected an apple airport express to my studiolive 32 channel Ai. It was a piece of cake. Make sure you plug into one of the router distribution Ethernet outputs; NOT the input. It automatically set itself up. The only thing I had to do was enter the network name and password. That's it, I promise.

HENRY
by jeromerodrigues on Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:06 pm
matthewgorman wroteTry the attached doc. I had it as a sticky, but apparently it has become unstuck

Thank you so much Matthew… I follow step by step your doc, and it works…. After 9 years that I use my AirPort Extreme and my studiolive 32.4.2 AI, I finally link them (without network of course)… I can now use my Presonus on stage, with iPad, iPhone (my computer too) without any network connection… Very big thanks to you :punk:
Jay
PS: Next step (trying to unplugged and not using my laptop….lol maybe it will works…)
May the force be with you
by jeromerodrigues on Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:12 pm
matthewgorman wroteTry the attached doc. I had it as a sticky, but apparently it has become unstuck

:P :P The force be with you Matthew…
It works « without » my laptop too…! Yeah! :punk: :punk:
Now my laptop can stand in my bag (just in case) when I’m going to perform on stage… You’re a Master Jedi :P
Thank you so much my friend…

7 posts
Page 1 of 1