Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
29 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Well it looks like my feature request made it into the latest Studio One 3.2 update! Thank you everybody that voted! Now, I need to go home tonight and upgrade everything to the latest UC Surface and firmware and S1, and figure out how this is supposed to work. I already downloaded 3.2, but I don't yet see a template for the AI boards (or RM), like there is for the 192.
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:31 pm
There are no "RM" templates, but the configuration is mirrored when using the 32AI template. I've been pounding that drum too, but they aren't there yet.

As far as the integration goes, when you open up a new song with the AI mixers as the soundcard, there is a blue fat channel plug in the top insert position. There is a link button that will mirror changes to the fat channel on all platforms, and also set printing of fat channel.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Sing4LTS on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:38 pm
Sweet! Thanks Matt. Will it also automatically set up the aux sends like we see with the 192?
by matthewgorman on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:44 pm
No, because currently there is no direct access to outputs on the AI mixers as there is with something like the 192. Outputs are actually inputs to the board, and then route that out to an output.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Sing4LTS on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:17 am
matthewgorman wroteThere are no "RM" templates, but the configuration is mirrored when using the 32AI template. I've been pounding that drum too, but they aren't there yet.

As far as the integration goes, when you open up a new song with the AI mixers as the soundcard, there is a blue fat channel plug in the top insert position. There is a link button that will mirror changes to the fat channel on all platforms, and also set printing of fat channel.

Matt, am I'm missing the link to DSP button? I see the fat channel in the top insert position. I can manipulate my AI board via that plugin, and vice versa, the board will manipulate the fat channel plug in :thumbup: . I also see the toggle button where I am able to print the the fat channel upon recording. However on the 192, you can drag the fat channel from the input side directly down and into the actual inserts and they automatically link together. This is not the case with AI hardware. It does copy over the exact same settings, however if I change any parameter in one, the action does not follow in the other. Is this the expected behavior, or am I just missing the link button? It seems to be a little counter intuitive. The entire concept behind the fat channel integration is so that the musicians can punch in and out, while hearing themselves through the fat channel. Of course if we are committing the fat channel and printing it, then all is well. However, not everybody utilizes the printing philosophy. Some like to have the raw tracks.
by matthewgorman on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:29 am
I am guessing that when using the 192, you are using the existing template. If thats the case, the template was preconfigured with the second instance of fc, and the ability to link. For the mixers, you need to manually add the second fc to the insert, and it will automatically show the ability to link/unlike. I went through and added that extra insert on all my channels, and then saved that as a template.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Sing4LTS on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:49 pm
I've added the 2nd instance of the FC, but I'm not seeing the link button. Maybe I'm blind. LOL! But if you say it is, then I'm sure you're right. I'll do some more messing around tonight when I'm back in front of my system. Thanks again Matt!

Matt
by matthewgorman on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:51 pm
See if you can post a screen grab. I will try and replicate on my end to see if something is not working right.

Can you also post the UCS version, and firmware version of the mixer? Alos the version of Studio One you have installed?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Sing4LTS on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:40 pm
OK...I got it figured out. I was working in a song that I had previously recorded. I was trying to do some vocal overdubs on an existing track, and couldn't get it to link. However, once I added a new track, it was good to go. Everything also works great when I make a new song from scratch.

29 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2