Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
23 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Soundz AVL wroteI have a StudioLive 16:4:2 mixer and have experienced 'power outages' on 2 occasions. The first time it happened I was sure that one of the video camera operators plugged into the same circuit and caused interference which created a huge 'click' and the mixer froze. I turned off the amps, turned off the mixer and turned it back on and everything worked fine the rest of the night. I was using a surge suppressor and all my equipment worked fine except the Presonus. Well, it happened again TODAY right in the middle of a corporate gig. I am not an electronic tech but its like I have a leaky capacitor (always blame it on a capacitor) and it discharges into the mains. My house voltage was hovering around 120 and 121 on my Furman surge suppressor. Would a UPS unit prevent that or is there something wrong with the mixer? Let me know if you have had a similar problem and what you didi to resolve it. Thanks in advance...

I have the exact problem as described. Mixer was working fine and then, with only break music through the "2 Track In" bus, a loud pop occurred with the audio muted and "GR" meter pegged. Tried to restart twice, but same thing occurred shortly thereafter and continued the next day with a simplified setup of the mixer going straight to one powered speaker. I've used this 16.4.2 classic mixer very regularly for 4 years- always made sure it is handled with care, powered through a conditioner, and have the most current Firmware 1.50a, Build 190. Disappointing how abrupt it can fail with no recourse to bypass anything or get a basic operating mode running when at an event. I've experienced issues when connected via firewire to computer, but this firewire connection wasn't attempted all night of failure.. :|
by trc ikota on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:39 am
Hello, I have this problem with my classic 24:4:2. Pretty embarrassing that 16 channels of the 24 have joined in this !
by SwitchBack on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:20 am
OG03675 wroteI have the exact problem as described. Mixer was working fine and then, with only break music through the "2 Track In" bus, a loud pop occurred with the audio muted and "GR" meter pegged. Tried to restart twice, but same thing occurred shortly thereafter and continued the next day with a simplified setup of the mixer going straight to one powered speaker. I've used this 16.4.2 classic mixer very regularly for 4 years- always made sure it is handled with care, powered through a conditioner, and have the most current Firmware 1.50a, Build 190. Disappointing how abrupt it can fail with no recourse to bypass anything or get a basic operating mode running when at an event. I've experienced issues when connected via firewire to computer, but this firewire connection wasn't attempted all night of failure.. :|

For some reason the tape input in particular is sensitive to what’s probably ground noise. Having the mixer on a conditioner doesn’t necessarily help because it may put the mixer’s signal ground on an offset ground level. Best is to avoid the tape inputs altogether but if you must then make sure that the sourcing gear is on the same ground level as the mixer. Probably applies to the firewire connectors too.

23 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2