Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Occasionally if I use the input metering button, it will toggle back and forth to the fatchannel view! I thought I saw this topic somewhere previously but wasn't able to find it in the forum. Please advise
by summitcn on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:36 am
Does it go there and stay? If you change one of the encoders, it will momentarily change to the fat channel view, but should return to the metering.

Also, pushing a SELect button somewhere else will return it to the fat channel view, until a metering button is pressed again.
by lostinsound1 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:11 pm
raydio wroteOccasionally if I use the input metering button, it will toggle back and forth to the fatchannel view! I thought I saw this topic somewhere previously but wasn't able to find it in the forum. Please advise

Yeah, I think that's intentional, even though it's a little different than the SL consoles. Press "input" once, you now see metering; press it again, you're back at full-time fat channel view.

RM32AI | CS18AI | 24.4.2AI | Studio One v3 | Digimax FS | FaderPort | AudioBox iOne | HD7
by victory2 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:54 am
I'm actually sitting at my console right now and it's switching back and forth without me touching it at all. Switches about every 10-15seconds all on it's own. I would love to know if there is a fix on this.
by lostinsound1 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:20 am
Are you in DAW mode or "regular" console mode?

RM32AI | CS18AI | 24.4.2AI | Studio One v3 | Digimax FS | FaderPort | AudioBox iOne | HD7
by victory2 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:38 pm
Not sure what Daw mode is. I am not running any recording software if that is what you mean.
by summitcn on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:55 am
victory2 wroteI'm actually sitting at my console right now and it's switching back and forth without me touching it at all. Switches about every 10-15seconds all on it's own. I would love to know if there is a fix on this.

Try turning each of the encoders back and forth across the whole console. Do them 1 at a time and see if the problem stops after messing with that encoder.

Did this happen after a firmware update or did it just start happening? If it just started, try the encoder thing, and see if one of them might be jumpy.
by Rickcperry on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm
Came here looking for a fix for the same problem. I remember on the Yamaha desk you could disable the feature that would focus what you touched on the screen when you touched something. I wished this would lock no matter what happens. 32 ai is 1 month old, all required firmware updates and still have this issue... Drives me crazy! :twisted:
by Rickcperry on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:45 am
Found Jeff on YouTube and found out that he fixed the issue. I applied the same fix and my problem is gone as well. If you have one of the settings on the EQ just between selections it will jitter back and forth between each setting. Almost like if it looks like the frequency is on 500 hz but the LED is bounching back and forth between the next higher setting, this will toggle the input meters off and return you back to the EQ screen.
This is more easily noticable if you have Universal Control open, you can see the EQ settings jitter back and forth. Just move the setting a little and it will stop the jitter and the input meters will stay selected.
I've been searching for 2 months on how to fix this with no luck. The jitter was happening on a channel that I was not using. The mixer is brand new so I would imagine it's a small glitch that they are shipped with and firmware update didn't seem to fix. Only fix is to physically move the encoder slightly. Last night I did a 4 hour rehearsal and it never messed up. :thumbup:
Hope this helps someone else.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1