Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I stored Scene 2 and turned off the board. On powering back up, it went to Scene 1. Why? Manual states it should return to where it was. That's the way my classic 16.4.2s work.

Any ideas?
by summitcn on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:31 am
Did you wait a few seconds after touching the mixer before shutting it down? The "store" button will blink momentarily as it stores the current state of the mixer, anytime anything is changed. Always wait for this to happen before powering down.
by Bruce Weldy on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:14 am
It was stored a long time before powering down. It wasn't just this one time. I'm helping out a friend with his new AI. I've been running the classics for several years. I had set some stuff up for 'em a couple of weeks ago. When I went back to help 'em some more - I noticed that they were running on Scene 1 and not the one that I had set up for 'em.

I asked my friend about it and he didn't know how it could have changed.....I figured he must have done it. But, then while working with the board last night we had some other issues that made me a little leery. So, after I left (knowing that the board was stored on Scene 2) I called him and had him go turn the board back on......sure enough, it was back to Scene 1.
by gadget69 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:40 am
Hi, it isn't actually LOADING scene one, it's leaving you where you were, but it's just showing scene 1 on startup...

File system memory is mutually exclusive from firmware process. When you press the load button on the fat channel, or you press the scene button on the mixer, you are in file system memory and not the app running.

If you are saying the board is actually loading the zero scene, then that is something you would need to start a tech ticket for...

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by Bruce Weldy on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:39 am
What you described is not how the boards operate - at least in the 5 years I've been running a classic 16.4.2. Whatever scene you leave loaded on the board is the scene that is reflected when you power up. No matter how many times you hit the scene button, it still reflects that scene until you either store to another location or you recall a new scene.

In this case, the board was powered down in scene 2, but reverted to scene 1 upon power up. And, it wasn't just showing scene 1 on the display. When I went and recalled scene 2, there were changes to the board as you would normally see on a scene change. Plus, I know the settings on the Aux sends were totally different.

I'm starting to think it's broken.

Plus, the reason I went back over is because there was a strange low-end motorboating going on. I troubleshot all the attached devices and even with no input devices plugged in, it was still happening when the master fader came up. I chased it for probably 30 minutes, then with no change made - it stopped. Tried powering up and down the AC unit to see if there was something being introduced via the power, but that did have any effect. It just stopped after I had observed it for 30 minutes.
by gadget69 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:42 am
Ok, so we DO have a problem...Please do a crash recovery with scene backup as prescribed in your "my Presonus" account when you select your mixer in your hardware. Select ( My hardware > 1642Ai > Downloads > Firmware ) there you'll also find Capture, and UC Surface What is involved here is a complete wipe and re-loaded drivers. This will make sure any remnants of the old drivers are gone and the latest versions are on the board.

This sounds like an issue we had early on in beta, that was solved with one of the updates. The thing that jogged my memory here was "the reason I went back over is because there was a strange low-end motorboating going on".

You are correct about the SL series (discontinued) mixers (I know I have one). They ALWAYS go back to the same scene, and scene number upon power cycle, however, the new Ai mixer series have an actual computer inside the mixers and don't function like the SL series. As I mentioned, above, the Ai series still come back up showing scene one (board reset) but if you check your fat channel,, GEQ's etc., you should be exactly where you were when you shut the board down....

When you update, you will need to also update capture, UC surface and all your drivers and OS as well (including Ipad app) because releases are all tied together. Note here that the update will see an end to UCAi and a transition to UC surface.

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by Bruce Weldy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:32 am
Thank You!

That's good to hear that I wasn't crazy with the motorboating.... I'll have him do a reload.

Although, I can't understand why the screen wouldn't return to the last scene used....I understand now that it retained the settings, but you never know where you are on start up. Just one more step to find the scene you want and do a recall. I really like confirmation each time I power up as to where I am. That's just weird to do it that way.

Thanks again.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1