Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Trying to update the firmaware on my my 16.4.2ai. I used the wireless check for updates feature and it downloaded the update and told me to power cycle the mixer. Now it has been stuck on the "loading please wait" screen for about 15 minutes. How long should this latest update take? Should I be concerned? Try power cycling again?
by Karyn on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:12 am
It doesn't take that long. Power cycle again.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by gwmullins on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:23 pm
I had a similar problem when updating firmware. The fix was to put the firmware file on a usb stick, pull the card from the back, and do the factory reset procedure. The procedure is in the manual an KB.

Must be a common problem as Sweetwater also post this procedure.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Win 10 Pro, Gigabyte mobo, i7 3930k processor, 32 GB ram, Samsung 960 Pro 500 GB Sys Drive, StudioLive 32.4.2AI, S1v6 Pro
by matthewgorman on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:18 pm
Be aware that a firmware recovery will wipe out any saved settings and scenes, so back up before you do.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by gwmullins on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:45 pm
Is there a way to back up when the board won't start up?

Greg

Win 10 Pro, Gigabyte mobo, i7 3930k processor, 32 GB ram, Samsung 960 Pro 500 GB Sys Drive, StudioLive 32.4.2AI, S1v6 Pro
by Karyn on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:05 pm
The answer to that is to backup before you start the upgrade procedure, by the time an update fails (if it does) then it's to late.

Fyi, the worst case for updating is to use online update while connected through wifi. Everything must work flawlessly and you don't get a second chance if something fails, like a wifi dropout or Internet glitch.
But if you're sure of your kit, it's the easiest way to upgrade. I did both my SL and RM simultaneously in just a few minutes the other night. I like to live dangerously ;)

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by gwmullins on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:32 pm
I had exactly this same problem upgrading firmware with a USB stick. Never had an issue before the one that failed and never had one since. The solution is to do the factory reset procedure with the new firmware on a USB stick.

I suspect the one failed firmware update I experienced was due to counting to 5 too quickly before pushing the recall button.

And... Of course you have to backup setting before updating firmware.

Greg

by mwright137 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:02 am
gwmullins wroteI suspect the one failed firmware update I experienced was due to counting to 5 too quickly before pushing the recall button.

That could be. I always count to 10 and sometimes I'm at 9 before I see the activity light on the USB stick start to flash. I think that's what you have to wait for.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Sing4LTS on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:33 am
Thanks guys I ended up doing the factory reset.
by kenbrazle on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:06 am
Does anyone know where Presonus keeps a list of the latest Firmware updates for the 16.4.2AI and the dates of their release?

thanks,

ken
by wahlerstudios on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:33 am
https://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/StudioLive-1642AI

This is the public download page for your mixer. The release notes of the UC versions contain information about the firmware version (see: "Universal Control 1.8 Release Notes"). You will find the firmware downloads in your PreSonus account. They are not available in public.

If you want to use FireWire control, do not upgrade to UC 2.x, but stick with UC 1.8 on your computer. It works well with any mobile device and UC 2.x.

11 posts
Page 1 of 1