Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

This has been quite a journey so far. I have scoured the internet for answers. I really like Studio One V6 and I love this sound board but I have to be able to see each track to my pc individually. If anyone is able to help me I am offering 150$ if they are able to give me a resolution that allows me to use the soundboard as intended via firewire. First come first pay basis.

All the devices Studio one sees are in the 2nd attachment below. None of them work as and there is no way to point to the firewire drivers that appear to work.

I am able to see my presonus studiolive 32.4.2 ai in Universal Controller; however, it will not work in Capture 3 of Studio One V6.

Is it possible to get this to work via fire wire in studio One V6? It does not list the device and I do not see anyway to point Studio One to the device.

What I find really odd is at one point before installing an older version of Universal Controller my computers showed the presonus studiolive 32.4.2 ai as "studiolive 32.4.2 ai" but it had a ? which after some investigation turns out it never had the drivers. for.

I am sure that there will be some follow up questions you can email me at [email protected]" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank incase I forget to check this forum post.

In order to help you help me I have included some of the links from PreSonus I have already used.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... rview-2024

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... er-Windows

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... ft-Windows

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... ft-Windows

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... rview-2024

https://legacy.presonus.com/products/St ... /downloads

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... evelopment
This url mentions that only Universal Control works for this model sound board if you use v3.6.0 which is not true. It also mentions that the last windows operating system Presonus supports is Windows 10 (x64) v21H1. Which anyone using is bound to be hacked by a 6 year old... I believe that if the drivers work that the software should be able to see it. Typically manufactures are out of date on their info. Also just because they live Windows 10 (x64) v21H1 as the last version of windows that they support probably just means this was the time they wrote any software and does not mean it can not work.

What software would work if Studio One V6 is not possible?

*If it is impossible to get the soundboard to work with Studio One V6 which software will it work in. Also I know that Presonus says they quit supporting any updates with windows the version of well first of all I find that really dumb and leads to believe that Presonus is doing built in obsolescence which if that is the case I will be done with Presonus for ever. Some of the worlds best sound boards are from the 70's and 80's and costs 100k+ and are still used to this day.

I am an IT manager and I promise I am able to be helped if there is someone willing. Thank you!

Attachments
devices seen that do not exsits, ie I don't own any of them.png
presonus studiolive 32.4.2 ai - device.png
This is what it looks like from my device manager.
presonus studiolive 32.4.2 ai - device.png (10.28 KiB) Viewed 601 times
by SwitchBack on Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 am
Hi, and welcome to this forum :)

Not looking for payment and probably not the right person to speak up anyway (being an Apple user). So if someone else wants to step in then by all means...

That said, as I understood it Microsoft has completely dropped firewire support with Windows 11. Which would mean that you'll never get your AI mixer to work unless you use a computer running Windows 10. Even if drivers install on Windows 11 they'll sit eyes closed and arms crossed.

So you'll have to bite the bullet: A dedicated Windows-10-for-audio computer or another mixer/interface. Either this or hope for that $150 solution. :|
by JameyBurt on Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:29 am
Anyone using windows 11 is a child. That thing is cancer. I am using
Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎1/‎21/‎2022
OS build 19045.4170
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19054.1000.0
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:24 pm
OK, one hurdle cleared. Next is a question: You have a few AVB/Dante articles included in your first post. Do you have a Dante option card installed in your mixer or is it the standard S800 FireWire+Control option card?
by JameyBurt on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:08 pm
Just firewire. No Dante
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:22 pm
OK, FireWire it is. Next step is compatible hardware. Compatible firewire cards/chipsets and the ones to avoid were listed but that list is almost 12 years old now. But it may still give clues on which chipsets and card manufacturers are safer and which are the ones to avoid. Or you may be able to find one of these older cards. Do you know the card/chipset in your computer? Here's an article on selecting a computer/card (probably as old as the list).
by JameyBurt on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:11 pm
This is the screen shot of my chip.

Attachments
CPU chip type.png
by JameyBurt on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:13 pm
I am looking to see where I can find the chip information for the firewire. I just know it uses Texas Instrument drivers.

Hmmmm well it was supposed to be Texas Instrument drivers but when I install the above mentioned version of Universal Controller this is how it comes up when I turn on the sound board.

Attachments
device manager.png
by JameyBurt on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:54 pm
This is what my sound boards looks like after I uninstall the drivers. The Previous drivers even though they say they are working is not for this sound board PreSonus FireStudio is not the soundboard I have. This device with missing driver is my sound board. Windows can't find the drivers of course. I have 3 different wirefire PCIE cards and they all seem to work the issue is the driver for the sound board.

I hope this helps. I think I just need someone that has working drivers to send them to me. I have looked all around PreSonus website to no avail.

The Vantec PCI-e UGT-FW210 is one of the cards I have which does not work. This card is on the here is a screen shot of that list from the information you sent me in the previous reply.

Attachments
Vantec - UGT-FW210    This is the card on the list you provided..png
Vantec - UGT-FW210 This is the card on the list you provided..png (4.91 KiB) Viewed 509 times
device after I uninstall drivers.png
device after I uninstall drivers.png (3.35 KiB) Viewed 511 times
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:05 pm
OK, installing UC is the next step actually, preferably after uninstalling all PreSonus drivers first. The Apple installer package for UC comes with an uninstaller tool. Same for the Windows installer package?

You find the correct version of the UC installer package for your mixer and operating system on the mixer's firmware download page (one of your links) by filling in your OS version, if not detected automatically. Download the package (probably UC 1.7.6) and then the routine is: uninstall, restart, install, restart. Do this without having the mixer connected. Closely watch the installer options as installing the firewire driver may require ticking a box.

Then start UC and in the Settings menu select 'OHCI info'. That will report your firewire hardware. It may even indicate compatibility already. If not then this is the moment to connect the mixer (officially by powering everything down, connecting the cable, restarting either the mixer or the computer until fully booted, and then restarting the other end of the cable). Repeat the OHCI test to see if more info appears. And repeat for each FireWire card you have.

Note that the mixer may actually report as 'FireStudio' or 'FireStudio family' or something like that. The first generation StudioLive mixers always did.
by JameyBurt on Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm
I won't be able to do anything for the next month gotta get out of town for work.
by SwitchBack on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 am
:thumbup:
by davidlittler on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 am
This may or may not be much help when you get round to having a look at your desk again.
I seem to remember at some point in the past ( with my 24-4-2 AI ) I had some odd procedure of unscrewing something at the back of the mixer and putting it back, I’m really sorry to be so vague but it was a while ago and I can’t remember the details. It was with instructions from Presonus.
I’m certain is was when I updated my Mac OS some versions ago, Monterey maybe.
I just had a thought that if this operation was needed on Windows also it may be why the mixer is not functioning correctly. Would a support ticket be worth a shot to ask ?

13 posts
Page 1 of 1