Introduce yourself to the world. Share links to your website, pictures of your rig, etc.
44 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Hi there! I'm most commonly know in a few keyboard forums as Jeremykeys.
I'm currently living in Scarborough Ontario, Canada. I've got an older Studiolive 16.4.2 that I use as an interface to get to my music computer which is running Cubase Artist 7.5 for the moment. My wife and I just moved to this address so my upgrade to Cubase 9.5 Pro has to take a back seat to all of the expenses of moving.
I'm mostly a keyboard player but I also play guitar and bass and, well, I call it singing. Not sure if I want to know what other people call it. ;)
One of these days I plan on getting around to using a lot more of the features in my mixer as opposed to using it just to get all of my various keyboards and things into my coputer. I really don't like repatching cables and what with all of my gear, I've got all of the inputs filled so far.

On thing I really want to figure out is exactly how to record my vocals by having them run first through the on board compressor. I'm sure there is a routing that I'm not doing. If anybody can offer me any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Jeremykeys!
by klypeman on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:08 pm
jeremythornton wroteOn thing I really want to figure out is exactly how to record my vocals by having them run first through the on board compressor. I'm sure there is a routing that I'm not doing. If anybody can offer me any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!

On the Channel you do Vocal have the button Dig Out lit, then you get the EQ, Compressor and what have you printed on that track.
Cheers !!

I found this in the manual:
The Fat Channel also gives you the option of sending just the unprocessed audio to your computer or including the Fat Channel settings in the recorded signal. When the Dig Out button is enabled, the signal being sent to the FireWire bus is post-EQ and post-dynamics processing; the button will illuminate to indicate this signal flow. When the button is disabled, the signal being sent to the FireWire bus is pre-Fat Channel. The Dig Out button is only available when one of the channel inputs is selected. The subgroups, main output, aux bus, aux inputs, and internal effects returns automatically send their signals post-Fat Channel dynamics and EQ. All FireWire sends are pre-fader except for the subgroups and the main outputs. For more information on using your StudioLive as an audio interface, please consult Section 2 in the StudioLive Software Library Manual.
Maybe that explain it better ;)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by stankowalewski on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:53 am
Tropical Cuyahoga Falls Ohio :( I'm here looking for drum tracks so I can add guitar and bass just to mess around with. I have zero drum skills and not enough creativity to create my own tracks.

Gear - PreSonus Audiobox USB 96 HP laptop, various guitar and bass amps, guitars and a bass. Shure 57 microphone. Not interested in upgrading my computer.
by Bbd on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:26 am
Welcome aboard!

Check the loops provided with your S1 install. When using S1, instruments can use any MIDI loop that you can edit to taste.
Please check out our video section to see see all the different topics to review here:

viewforum.php?f=367

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by stevendick on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 pm
Cuenca, Ecuador
by chuckla1 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:08 am
Buckeye Arizona
by klypeman on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm
Welcome aboard !!
Both of you ;)

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by perryfisher1 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm
Cedar Hill, TN

Presonus StudioLive 32 Series III
by benwilde1 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:44 pm
Perth, Scotland!

I run Sound Sauce here in Perth, a mixing and mastering studio with composition/songwriting and talent casting services - and we work on S1, of course.

Benjamin Wilde, Chief Engineer

http://www.soundsauce.co.uk
One of the UK's leading mixing and mastering studios.
by Bbd on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:51 pm
From California Central Coast

Welcome all!
:+1

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PerryD on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 am
Kennesaw, Georgia.

17-8700k 64gb ram Gigabyte Designare Z390 MB Quantum 2626 Interface Win 10 Pro 64
by harlanstephens on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:10 pm
Texas

Mac Pro 5.1, Mojave.
S1 4.5 pro, pro tools 2019.
Logic.
Ça c’est bon
by coreypedroso on Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:22 pm
Rockland County, NY
Instagram-730productionsllc
Facebook-730ProductionsLLC
Twitter-@730_Productions

Setup:
Of course Studio One
Faderport 8
Atom
NI Maschine MK3, Jam, KKs49 MK2
by patm300e on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:09 am
stankowalewski wroteTropical Cuyahoga Falls Ohio :( I'm here looking for drum tracks so I can add guitar and bass just to mess around with. I have zero drum skills and not enough creativity to create my own tracks.

I am your polar opposite! I can play (a little) guitar, no keys, some harmonica...but I am a drummer. I have 3 acoustic sets and a midi set. Unfortunetly, I am in the process of selling a house and moving so I won't be available until next spring sometime. Was wondering what type of music you do?

We could collaborate...Maybe you lay something down and I add drums to it?

Studio One 5.1 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by zwoyevdq on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:46 pm
living Japan...but i come from Taiwan. ;)
by davidspencerbarker on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:16 pm
Hello :D
I'm Dave (aka ambientdave on my Youtube channel and Soundcloud page)
Originally from London ,born n bred (now living here in Hampshire ,for the last 12 years)

Brand new to Studio One 5 Pro,as a crossgrade from Cubase Pro 10 :D
I have used other DAWS in the past including FL Studio,Ableton Live and Reason

I like to make as a hobby all kinds of ambient/cinematic styles of music including horror and sci -fi themes and nicer stuff too,basically anything with an atmosphere,ha,ha

Dell Optiplex, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i5-3570 CPU@ 3.40GHz 16GB RAM,
1 TB SSD main drive,500GB HDD storage,.
External drive of 6TB HDD for the libraries and a 1TB SDD for other stuff
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen audio interface, Beydynamic DT250 headphones, and Rode dynamic Podmic
Lots of Kontakt libraries and other gear,(too much to list here :)
by klypeman on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:39 am
Hello Dave !
Welcome to the forum !

Forum Moderator.

by jasonpocorus on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:23 pm
Hi all!
I'm here in the Mojave Desert (SW USA)

Total n00b to recording but MAN am I ever excited to get started!

S/O to that Gregor dude on the Presonus TubeYou channel! Great dude, very knowledgeable.

-Not sure where to post my Q so I will add it here (for now) so as to avoid creating a thread in the wrong place and being "that guy"

Where is the easiest, fastest place to download FREE drum loops for Blues, Rock, and Metal?? THe included loops in S1 aren't my flavor. Tried downloading a VST drum pad but, all the kits are Hip Hop and no loops included (shrug)
Be nice if there was one easy website to listen to a loop and then download it if you like it. No account or anything.

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:
by klypeman on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am
Welcome Jason !!

Forum Moderator.

by jasonpocorus on Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:15 pm
klypeman wroteWelcome Jason !!

Thanks! I'm pretty psyched to be here and trying to learn recording! I have no idea what I am doing but, man, is it ever fun!

Say, where do I find any notifications on this forum? I see that I have zero messages but, IDK if anybody has replied to me anywhere?? I think I made one or two other posts on the forum. I had to manually search for this thread. I'm just super illiterate on computers :lol:

I've got a billion questions over here, haha. Just wanna figure out where to get notified of replies. Also, I'm not seeing anything jump out at me for where I can post my questions. I've been playing around with the DAW a little bit but, I still don't really know what I'm doing.

T.I.A.

I type in monotone.
Usage of caps, bold, italic, or underline intended as emphasis and not yelling.
Yelling comes with angry emoji

Always joking around and busting everybody's chops. It's not intended to be insulting

OnStage AS800 FET Condenser Mic, SM57, AudioBox iTWO, Shure SRH440 monitoring headphones,
CAD monitoring headphones, pair of 5" JBL LSR2325P, Studio One 5 Artist, Windows 10 64 bit HP Envy x360 convertible

***PLEASE speak slowly and dumb it way down. Total n00b here. No clue what I am doing, computer illiterate, and A.D.D..

Rock on, good people! :punk:

44 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3